Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here from the sunny Spain
I have a doubt whether or not the max combined power of the Rav4 HSD (engine + electric motor) of 194 hp @5700 rpm will be delivered just for the time of acceleration while the battery is sufficiently loaded or if this max. power could be maintained for a long time, independiently of the battery load level.
I know this continuous max acceleration demanding max. power most probably will never be used for practical reasons but just for curiosity....:confused:
Thanks for your comments

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Obviously the Hybrid has the potential for more power since most roadtest reviews I've read have reported about a 1 second quicker 0-60mph performance over the gas version, traction battery SOC would definitely affect performance tho.

2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid | MotorWeek

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Here from the sunny Spain
I have a doubt whether or not the max combined power of the Rav4 HSD (engine + electric motor) of 194 hp @5700 rpm will be delivered just for the time of acceleration while the battery is sufficiently loaded or if this max. power could be maintained for a long time, independiently of the battery load level.
I know this continuous max acceleration demanding max. power most probably will never be used for practical reasons but just for curiosity....:confused:
Thanks for your comments
The HV also adds the rear electric M/G which is rated around 75HP.
But you are correct that the available torque is somewhat dependent on the battery SOC. However, HP comes mostly from the ICE. Electric provides mainly torque.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems that nobody knows for sure how many (maximun) horse power the car could maintain continuously , lets say during 2 minutes (not just for a few second)
Without the Toyota bench test data I'm afraid we can just speculate

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
The ICE is rated at 150hp, so that should be the minimum power it could provide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts