Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the full width of a 2006 Limited RAV4? Specs say 71.5" for the body (73.0" for Sport with flares). But how wide including the mirrors (without folding them in)? I have a narrower than normal garage door.

I live too far from the dealer to test drive it home and see if it will fit. Also, I don't relish having to flip the mirrors everytime I drive in and out of the garage. Sooner or later, I'll mess it up. If you also have a narrow doorway, how did you deal with it?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the info. I have more that enough width on my garage door. I ordered my new silver Limited yesterday. Only a three week wait!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Glad it helped out, hope your transaction goes smooth. On another note, when you get it home check your tire pressure, oil level and so on. Don't trust some $6/hr. lot boy to do the Pre-Delivery Inspection :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
This is one issue that I hadn't thought about (though it won't stop me from getting a RAV either way).

Good info on the total width, can someone also say how much with one saves by folding in one/both mirrors? TIA!

·
Registered
758 Posts
HeartbreakRidge said:
This is one issue that I hadn't thought about (though it won't stop me from getting a RAV either way).

Good info on the total width, can someone also say how much with one saves by folding in one/both mirrors? TIA!
I measure @ 5" per side collapsed :wink:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks. I also got off my, ahem, rear and measured my garage door when I got home - looks like I'm OK (though I like to have as much of a margin as I can!).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts