Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
heck of a first post :( welcome to the forums!

I'm thinking not... two new doors, a fender, repair the bottom sill and the b pillar and paint ... maybe 6000-7000$.

with airbags, it could of been 5000$ more.

Sucks for you, but if the work is done properly, (have a 3d alignement done to confirm this after that everything is straight), I would not be worried about driving it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heck of a first post :( welcome to the forums!

I'm thinking not... two new doors, a fender, repair the bottom sill and the b pillar and paint ... maybe 6000-7000$.

with airbags, it could of been 5000$ more.

Sucks for you, but if the work is done properly, (have a 3d alignement done to confirm this after that everything is straight), I would not be worried about driving it.
Thanks, I mostly just lurk for info.

Well I guess if they don't total it, I might be tempted to sell it. Not comfortable driving a car that has body repairs. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Thanks, I mostly just lurk for info.

Well I guess if they don't total it, I might be tempted to sell it. Not comfortable driving a car that has body repairs. Thanks.
I can understand that, but most of the damage is on panels that can be just replaced, no kinks on the roof or the A pillar which would mean the roof didn't move, rear drivetrain looks like it was not damaged.

the bottom of the door frame is the only thing that would bug me...

see how it tracks when repaired, but one thing is for sure, get the best shop in town to do the work!

best of luck whatever you do!

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
I'm just guessing but I say yes........it's a goner. I do hope all are okay from this.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Looks more like it was an offset hit from the front...I think it will be totalled if the pillars or floor area is banged up...

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
I am guessing $6000-$7000 also with no airbag needing replacement.
I would not worry about the bodywork as long as you get a repair shop that gives lifetime warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts