Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just took my brand new 2017 Limited Hybrid through its first automated car wash and am missing one of the tow eyelet covers from the front bumper. The car wash folks couldn't find it, but it's likely down in the track housing or some inaccessible place of the wash machinery. Judging by how hard this part is to find in-stock online, I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence?

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I put a piece of 3M door edge protection film on each side of mine to keep them in place. :laugh

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
You can buy metal eyelets in various colors and the little tool to install them at any fabric or sewing store.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Hi, just took my brand new 2017 Limited Hybrid through its first automated car wash and am missing one of the tow eyelet covers from the front bumper. The car wash folks couldn't find it, but it's likely down in the track housing or some inaccessible place of the wash machinery. Judging by how hard this part is to find in-stock online, I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence?
The most powerful and longest wash in my town is at my Toyota dealer (Dahl, Winona, MN) and if their machine does not rip off all that's loose....

My covers are still in place. I think something else is going on. Perhaps they were not seated properly. I'm sure you will get a replacement part # here.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi, just took my brand new 2017 Limited Hybrid through its first automated car wash
That might be a mistake right there. The world is full of horror stories about hybrids and automated car washes. Body damage is pretty minor in comparison to some of the things that have happened.

Just remember that when the system is in "N" its not able to charge and is running off the battery. So make sure its fully charged before it goes in, A/C and lights are off, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey all, thanks for the responses and sorry for the delay. I did get a replacement part, they are pretty cheap, but that one also does not stick in place very well. I feel like a good bump will pop it back out. Seems like the tabs are just not sized properly for a strong fit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi VARav4Hybrid,my tow eyelet cover (driver side) got loose after a car wash again last night. Good thing the gas station guy managing the car wash assisted in retrieving it. This is the 2nd time it happened. Did you order them online or at the dealership? I'm afraid, I'll loose them again in the future and might not be able to retrieve them, so if in case, I would know where to get it. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered one from RockAuto. Apparently I cant post links here but the part number is 532850R080. It fits ok, but definitely not a strong fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts