Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Today I was taking a look at my car and thought where the took hook would mount. I look at the owners manual and it stated that the towing eyelet is in the front bumper. However, my Adventure did not come with these towing eyelets. Am I the only one? I posted a picture of my car and a picture from online. Along with a picture of the owners manual stating where the towing eyelets should be.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's where the tow eyelet mounts, the eyelet is in the tool kit next to the spare tire.
He's showing you that his bumper doesn't have the pop-outs circled in red in the first picture.

Where's the eyelet go?

Have a good day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just reviewed some YouTube Adventure vids and I couldn't locate the pop outs on the front bumper either. I have an Adventure on order, I'll look for it when it arrives. Did you call the dealer about the issue?

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
All references in the owner's manual concerning the towing eyelet state "if equipped", if there's no towing eyelet in the tool kit, I'd guess it's not equipped for use with the tow eyelet, or the threaded hole is in the lower grill opening but there's no mention of it's location in the manual. There's also no reference concerning vehicles without the tow eyelet in the manual that I could find searching the .pdf version.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi everyone,

Today I was taking a look at my car and thought where the took hook would mount. I look at the owners manual and it stated that the towing eyelet is in the front bumper. However, my Adventure did not come with these towing eyelets. Am I the only one? I posted a picture of my car and a picture from online. Along with a picture of the owners manual stating where the towing eyelets should be.

Went to my Local Toyota Dealer this morning to see if any of the Canadian Models and Trims would have pop-outs on the Bumper for tow eyelet mounts ! To my surprise they are NONE !!!:cry: Did Toyota forget ? The 2018 do have !!!

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
I guess they forgot to add it?
It appears the '19 Adventure falls in the "not equipped" category since it doesn't have the port cover on the bumper cover, have you looked in the tool kit to see if the eyelet is there? Each of my Rav4s since 2006 have had the eyelet and port cover including my '19, it seems kinda lame that Toyota would leave it off the Adventure, but not any other Rav4 model. I bet the threaded hole is in the subframe behind the bumper cover, they just failed to include the port access and cover for some unknown reason.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It appears the '19 Adventure falls in the "not equipped" category since it doesn't have the port cover on the bumper cover, have you looked in the tool kit to see if the eyelet is there? Each of my Rav4s since 2006 have had the eyelet and port cover including my '19, it seems kinda lame that Toyota would leave it off the Adventure, but not any other Rav4 model. I bet the threaded hole is in the subframe behind the bumper cover, they just failed to include the port access and cover for some unknown reason.

Lame is right to say the least. Wouldn't be surprise to see the eyelet and port cover in next year's models and yes most likely underneath the bumpers would be threaded holes on the subframe. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah, I have to say that really SUCKS....I want them. :mad:

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I called Toyota USA to ask them about the bumper cut out and eyelets. The representative told me that it should be included with every model no matter what trim. I emailed them the photos of my front bumper and the representative was puzzled. Long story short is that I spent about an hour in the phone with Toyota. They said they will follow up with me in the 2 business days and will have an answer for me.

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
So I called Toyota USA to ask them about the bumper cut out and eyelets. The representative told me that it should be included with every model no matter what trim. I emailed them the photos of my front bumper and the representative was puzzled. Long story short is that I spent about an hour in the phone with Toyota. They said they will follow up with me in the 2 business days and will have an answer for me.
So, is the eyelet in the tool kit or not? :confused:

·
Registered
387 Posts
So strange. Mine doesn’t have it and the pictures of the limited I test drove didn’t have it either. That’s not cool, if it needs a tow with a flat bed, how would they work then? Attach the tow line to a suspension part or something. This is not cool.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Info from the facebook forum. All the trims made in japan (LE, XLE, Limited) have them. Probably used for anchoring while shipping. None of the canadian built trims have them.

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
Info from the facebook forum. All the trims made in japan (LE, XLE, Limited) have them. Probably used for anchoring while shipping. None of the canadian built trims have them.
It's an emergency towing eyelet mounting hole cover as shown in the Steps to take in an emergency section of the owner's manual, vehicles transports by train/truck still have to be tied down, you'll find a rear tie down on the right rear of yours, it has to be removed to mount a hitch. :wink

1 - 20 of 65 Posts