Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the 2007 rav4 uses screw in tow hooks on the front but i cant find any in my internet searches. What other options do i have for recovery in case my car takes a dive into a snowy ditch? Anyone have experience pulling ravs out of a snow bank?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
There should be one screw-in towing eyelet for the front bumper in the bag which contains the tools for the jack.

This bag is normally located behind the removable vertical panel on the driver's side in the far rear of the vehicle in the cargo area (the jack itself is behind the removable panel on the other side).

That's the best way to tow it out from the front. I carry a D-ring shackle (see the attached image at the bottom for an example) whose pin slides through the eye, to make hookup easy.

This is what the towing eyelet looks like (but yours will almost certainly only have one):

Did yours not come with a towing eyelet?

To tow it out from the rear, the best way would be to have a trailer hitch installed and use that. If you don't have a trailer hitch, there should be a tiedown bracket used for shipping the vehicle, e.g. on a truck or train, that would probably be a decent choice.

This bracket is located on the driver's side, attached to the frame in back.

It is angled with a slot in it, and can be seen in this picture, which was taken from behind the vehicle, looking up:

The "dog biscuit" bracket also seen in the picture at the far rear of the vehicle will only exist if yours has the V6 engine with the tow prep package.

The tie-down bracket must be removed when a trailer hitch is installed, because the hitch uses one of the same bolt holes the bracket uses to attach to the vehicle.

Attachments

Reactions: pico
1 - 2 of 2 Posts