Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the very near future, I will be replacing my 2011 Rav 4 with a 2016 Rave xle (Canada), on the 11 I was able to screw the tow hooks into the front bumper . I am wondering does the 2016 have the same option? I used the hooks to tie down my canoe, and would like to do the same. I tried to search for a good picture of the front bumper area, beside the fog lamps, as well as the under body in the front to see if there is a tie down place for my canoe. If anyone has pictures they can post that would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Sorry for the poor mark-up. See the red dots. Does this help?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there ones that pop off like on the 2011 that you can then screw tow hooks in? Or is there a spot on the frame underneath the front bumper where I can tie the canoe to

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
From the owner's manual:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless things changed from the 2011, it is only one. I figure I can find one at a scrap yard or somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
7,972 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
EU models comes with two hooks to the dealers :)

the hooks looks simlar too be simlar from 2013 - 2016, i have not checked part numbers on them.

what are you guys using the front tow hooks for over seas? :eek: in norway they just take up space in the car

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tow Hook

Can you please post a Photo of the Tow Hook already installed in your 2016 Rav4?
I am planning to install a Red tow hook on my 2015 Rav4 Limited edition.
Can you give me the website where you bought the Tow hook?

thanks.
0:)

·
Premium Member
7,972 Posts
Can you post some pictures on tow hooks installed on a 2013 - 2016 RAV4 since I have a 2015 Rav4 Limited.
There are no tow "hooks" for the 2013-17 Rav4, just a tow eyelet, you can see it and pics installed in this 4.3 thread, they're pretty much the same, they screw into holes behind the two removable plugs in the front bumper cover as shown in the owner's manual on about page 605.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/125-4-4-exterior/104817-front-rear-tie-down-spots.html#post1059169

·
Registered
81 Posts
tow "hook" one comes with the spare tire in the back, you just need to screw into one of "two" holes provided for the 2016-2017 Rav4 on the lower grille.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tow Hook

Did you have tow hooks installed in your RAV4?

I want to install those Red colored Aluminum Tow Hooks that you can buy on eBay.
Want them just for looks, one at the Rear and one at the Front bumper passenger side.

I wish someone can post a picture How it looks like on a 2013-2016 RAV4 once a tow hook, or strap looks like?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you have tow hooks installed in your RAV4?

I want to install those Red colored Aluminum Tow Hooks that you can buy on eBay.
Want them just for looks, one at the Rear and one at the Front bumper passenger side.

I wish someone can post a picture How it looks like on a 2013-2016 RAV4 once a tow hook, or strap looks like?

Thanks.
been wanting to do this as well, just not sure how long or the thread pitch...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts