Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 4 cyl Rav4 automatic AWD. Book sez it must be towed on trailer.
I'd like recommendations, gotcha's, etc. (looking to reduce the amount of time to research this info).
I need to find & buy a trailer to pull behind a motorhome.
The motorhome is 37 ft so I want to minimize the length of trailer.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Yes this is correct if you tow your RAV4 all the wheels must be off the ground since this is 4WD.

Your motor home is very long so with the RAV4 at the end this make things dangerous. I don't think this even looks legal.

May I suggest you ship your RAV4 by rail or have someone drive it. This has to be done in a safe and legal manner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your motor home is very long so with the RAV4 at the end this make things dangerous. I don't think this even looks legal.
That's a point well taken and I have considered that. I have seen a number of long motorhomes towing vehicles, although mostly flat tow or dolly. Can't do that w/ my Rav4.
May I suggest you ship your RAV4 by rail or have someone drive it. This has to be done in a safe and legal manner.
The intention was to have the vehicle available for using when at a campground. Maybe I need to rethink this and buy a used manual transmission vehicle.
Thanks for your thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Rav4driver48
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing