Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story, but we currently own a 2019 RAV4 Adventure, which is rated to tow 3,500 lbs -- perfect for our 20-foot boat. But we're selling the Adventure to one of our sons and replacing it with a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid. I know the towing capacity is only 1,500 lbs. Does anybody have experience towing something like a 3,500 lb. boat short distances with a Hybrid? We move our boat twice per year (20 miles each way). Our dealer says, "no problem." Just checking with those who have tried it. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yep 1650kg in the uk mine tows that no problem, why the difference in the usa?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I thought it had something to do with the idea that most European countries mandated trailers with brakes in most instances and Americans could be counted on trying to pull too much crap without trailer braking?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Remember you’re in warranty... if T finds out somehow that you’re towing over the NA published limit, expect the drivetrain part of your warranty to go poof. I won’t say anything to them, but be aware of this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Foryota
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing