Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, can anyone tell/show a pic (if possible), as to where the fuse for the towing harness is located.
2008 6cyl.....there is an old post in here, but sadly the links have expired.
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
11,087 Posts
Wife's away with the RAV4 right now but as I recall it's in the righthand (passenger) underhood fuse box and marked "TOWING." Safe to assume you found the white wire it powers up under the left side of the dash?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dr., I'll look tonight for the white wire.......I found the space allocated for the towing fuse, but there is no fuse in it.
Toyota must have sub-contracted the harness hook-up back in 2008........Maybe looking for that white wire and tracing it is my only hope.

·
Super Moderator
11,087 Posts
Where exactly are you with this towing hookup? The car doesn't come with any towing harness, just preped for it so the TOWING fuse slot doesn't have the 30A fuse. The location for the white wire it powers is explained on post 8 of Rickl's link. Taking a picture of it would be little help since everything would be upside down and backwards. Just look where I explained. I'll quote myself here:
Open driver's (left front) door.
Kneel down outside the car.
Look up thru the gap above the OBDII connector.
The wire comes out of the harness just above and to the right of the back of the hood release handle.
It's only about 4-5 inches long and mine was folded back on itself.
Took me 3 seconds to find it! :wink

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks dr. ...just waiting to get a few mins break from the rat-race, so I can get in there and take a pic./pics of the scenario.
I really appreciate your help!!......and to you Ricki....Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts