Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
WOW... not bad for a vehicle with so many improvements over the 2005 model. Will be interesting to see how accurate this price quote is.... as it was made back in July/05.

• The 2006 RAV4 pricing will increase by $300 for both the two-wheel and four-wheel-drive versions. The base RAV4 will start at $19,615.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah..Kelly I hope this price is accurate...I will trade-in my 2003..for sure! :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
The guy at the dealership told me that the new 4 was supposed to outsell the Highlander and 4Runner combined. It is obvious T is trying to produce a very dominating vehicle.
:shock:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish there will be an option for NAVIGATION SYSTEM. I really need to have NAV SYSTEM..:cry:especially here in CALIFORNIA...to keep my mileage low...of course! :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Can it come in fully loaded for less than $26,ooo?
The Nissan Xterra can be had for $26,230 including four-wheel drive, V-6, five-speed automatic transmission, side curtain airbags, vehicle dynamic control, 16 inch alloy wheels and all of the usual power equipment.
http://www.config.nissanusa.com/Dispatch.jsp?xefrAction=47&_scrollPos=46&__action3=&__action4=&state_token=2:8:nissan|xtr|2005|2|c/NAw/t/vDA|IAIAAAIYAAA|IAIAAAIIAAA:73003&.CurrentState=Config&unselectVehicle=null&lc=true&pr=$26,480&ti=$0&dp=$3,000&ir=6%&tm=60&lpr=$26,480&lti=$0&ldp=$3,000&ltm=36&lty=15,000+mi/yr&TrimLevel=14
the Mazda tribute can also be had with nearly the same equipment for about the same price except it has a four-speed automatic and no dynamic vehicle control (stability control).
I have priced the above vehicles without leather Interior. Keep in mind that Toyota really wants to dominate this market with one vehicle only.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats pretty low equipment since Rav4 will have a lot more... But for me, Xterra loaded was 29k... Still, nothing special equipment wise...

P.S. that old article probably is writing about old rav4...[/quote]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Wow that seems like a great price. Original price for my '01 was 32,000 Canadian. 19,000 of course translated into canadian $$ is some thing like 24,000. Oh well. I still would buy used anyway. M. :p

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nav, Bluetooth, Smart entry, auto wipers, xenons, two zone digital air, just to name the few of most important ones...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry but said who? Bluetooth is bundled with Nav in any case.
Seeing how Toyota sells Sienna with same equipment, I dont see an reason for V6 not to have "Limited" grade.

Sienna and Avalon have very expensive optional packages and they sell like hotcakes. I doubt US Rav4 will be tamed to some low level Corolla equipment.

In any case, we will know within a month or less, dealer deliveries of 2006 Rav4 will start December 2005. V6 is coming to the lots 03/06.

·
Registered
233 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you are assuming quite a lot again - in fact, European version will have very similar dash in lower end specs, one shown in the Frankfurt is top spec that wont sell in more than 5-10% in Europe. And even in "X" model, Nav/Bluetooth is actually optional.

US has a lot more chances of selling nav than Europe. In Europe doubt it will be availabe on anything but top engine either, which wont be sold in half of Europe.

The fact that we are talking about it pretty much says that it would be quite hot :).

Again, I would not assume too much... It would not be too much to expect Limited packge like all of the new Toyota's have, with top equipment prevously unavailable in the class. Currently, Nav is offered with Prius, Camry, Highlander, Avalon, 4Runner, etc, etc, not having it in Rav4 would be quite an suprise actually.

Forget internal competition - with Avalon Limited, that has more equipment that ES, Toyota has shown that it does not care if its models compete against each other, feature wise.

Last year, we would probably argue that Avalon wont have engine more powerful than ES, and more technology than GS300... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts