Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Trying to register at the Toyota Owner's site, but my activation email never arrives at my Gmail account (not in the spam folder either). A general Google search turns up someone else complaining about that to Google on their support site. Anyone else encounter this? I may have to create an a new email address with another provider.

Thanks!
-Arnold

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
For security purposes, or preventing duplicate accounts, many systems will not accept "free" email addresses such as Gmail and Yahoo.

I can understand it on a forum, or ebay-like site where multiple accounts can be used to shill for another, but baffling that Toyota might do it for TOS or Entune... it's not like the account is used to purchase or post anything. Worst you could do is request a service appointment and not show up.
All of the "Entune" apps use the vendor accounts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For security purposes, or preventing duplicate accounts, many systems will not accept "free" email addresses such as Gmail and Yahoo.

I can understand it on a forum, or ebay-like site where multiple accounts can be used to shill for another, but baffling that Toyota might do it for TOS or Entune... it's not like the account is used to purchase or post anything. Worst you could do is request a service appointment and not show up.
All of the "Entune" apps use the vendor accounts.
That did it. Had to create another email account just for Toyota. Sigh.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts