Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Adventure
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New update on the toyota app removes the ability to read tire pressure all together. It's not included on the app, it doesn't matter what subscription you have. Called toyota to confirm and it looks like and oversight.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
New update on the toyota app removes the ability to read tire pressure all together. It's not included on the app, it doesn't matter what subscription you have. Called toyota to confirm and it looks like and oversight.
You might as well have been talking to Bozo the clown. Toyota's "help" line is a joke.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,115 Posts
Still there, click on vehicle status and the open/closed display as well as tire pressure. Then click on see details.
The "Vehicle Status" button is only for vehicles that have Service Connect, which only comes with the premium audio packages. Others, like me, with "lesser" audio packages, can't have service connect thus don't have the "Vehicle Status" button on the app.

I called Toyota connected services support a few days ago, and was told they were looking into the problem of the tire pressure disappearing on the new app.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I got the CarTrimHome tire pressure indicator module (Free Shipping Smart Car TPMS Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Digital LCD Dash Board Display Auto Security Alarm for Toyota Rav4 2019 2020 2021(RAV4 LE Model [Not a hybrid version] Shows PSI, XLE / Limited / TRD / OTHER shows kpa)). Shows the tire pressure on the MID. Easy, plug and play, install. Only problem is it shows the pressure in kPa for all trim levels other than the LE. (Easy to mentally convert kPa to PSI -- divide by 7)

·
Registered
2022 Lunar Rock XLE Premium loaded
57 Posts
What you state is not correct. I have the latest updated app and I just checked my tire pressure via the app.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have noticed that the newer app is much slower to connect which is frustrating. The tire pressure still exists but me thinks maybe the newer app is laid out differently so perhaps it's in a different spot on the app, now? I just got my TRD in August, so I'm pretty new to the app to begin with...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
My 2022 XLEP has tire pressure displayed on the MID and I just checked my tire pressure via the app.
Repeat (from above)
The "Vehicle Status" button is only for vehicles that have Service Connect, which only comes with the premium audio packages. Others, like me, with "lesser" audio packages, can't have service connect thus don't have the "Vehicle Status" button on the app.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Repeat (from above)

I do not have the premium audio package, and it still works for me!

·
Registered
49 Posts
The fact that there’s no psi display on the dash is a huge fail by Toyota.
It's an attempt to move into the vehicle-features-as-a-service mode.

If I'm understanding right the car talks to your phone by the phone network...which means that in places without phone service it won't work...which means that you do not have a check on tire pressure in the places where it's most important.

I'm not playing. Maybe I'll buy the cartrim gadget someday.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts