Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manual says use the Toyota App. But the Toyota Remote Connect App seems to be the more feature rich one? Also works on Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe they are moving everything into one app. The Remote app hasn't been updated since September. So I think it is pretty much in a feature freeze while they port the functionality into the Toyota app.

I prefer the Toyota app dashboard. So hopefully it won't take too long to get everything ported like the watch support.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Toyota app also works with a smartwatch plus it shows tire pressure on '19s, I've used both apps, deleted Remote Connect because it has less features.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have been using the Toyota Owner's App (provides a lot of info), the Remote App (alerts me when auto not locked, especially when I take the Key FOB and passenger still sitting in the vehicle) and the Entune 3.0 App. I just downloaded the Toyota Lifestyle App that provides additional info (some the same). It would be nice to have a single App that does everything, but I expect that they can't charge as much when the trial period ends on some of the services!

·
Registered
61 Posts
My trial expires in mid-April, and received the notice to renew. It only display the Remote Connect App. So, if I renew, what happens to the Toyota App? Will it also provide the information?

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Toyota app, Remote Connect app and Lexus apps are basically the same apps, just different formats, I have all three installed on my iphone, they all work fine, the only difference I know of on Remote Connect app is it has more options in notifications. I'll be renewing for another year in June. As far as version update, those happen fairly often, doesn't have anything to do with renewal. Toyota Owner's app is a different app, basically a phone app for Toyotaowners.com where you can manage all connected services and view details about your Toyota.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid Limited
8 Posts
I keep seeing people say the can see the tire pressure on the app. Which app shows this data? I cannot see it on the remote connect app. 2019 limited hybrid

·
Registered
61 Posts
My Toyota App on iPhone just updated and now the Lock/unlock feature as well as vehicle status and tire pressure have disappeared. Toyota having a brain fart!

·
Registered
61 Posts
My Toyota App on iPhone just updated and now the Lock/unlock feature as well as vehicle status and tire pressure have disappeared. Toyota having a brain fart!
Mine too. Perhaps they are finally bailing on their miserable attempts to successfully support remote functions.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Working fine for me after the update, musta just been a temporary system outage subsequent to the update.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts