Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually tried the Toyota bike rack system? I;d be intersted to know your thoughts and see pics if you have.

Also, does anyone know if you have to buy multiple brackets for multiple bikes? If so, does the price double for two? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have the toytoa bike rack...it works great. the rack is only for one bike though, i think the rav can hold up to 3, possibly 4 but i doubt it. It's easy to install/uninstall...no complaints at all, although it is a little pricey for the rack and then the necessary adaptors.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
schwartzy1 said:
i have the toytoa bike rack...it works great. the rack is only for one bike though, i think the RAV can hold up to 3, possibly 4 but i doubt it. It's easy to install/uninstall...no complaints at all, although it is a little pricey for the rack and then the necessary adaptors.
Thanks Mike, I'm hoping you could anwer the questions that I have.

You mentioned the rack and you mentioned adaptors. So, let's say you wanted to carry three bikes. Would you need to buy 1 rack and three different adaptors?

If that is the case do the rack and the adaptors come separately and what is their aprox. price for each?

I appreciate any help you can give. Also, if you had a chance to post some photos, that would be awesome!

Thanks again-

John

·
Registered
82 Posts
John--the bike racks are 135.20 a piece. A set of adaptors, which is 4 adaptors, only 3 are needed to install the bike rack, is 34.50. In total, it will cost 169.70 to set up one bike with the toyota rack. To answer your question, to install 3 bikes, you would need 3 racks as well as 3 sets (9) adaptors. You are looking at a little over $500. Hope none of this confuses you....

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
schwartzy1 said:
John--the bike racks are 135.20 a piece. A set of adaptors, which is 4 adaptors, only 3 are needed to install the bike rack, is 34.50. In total, it will cost 169.70 to set up one bike with the toyota rack. To answer your question, to install 3 bikes, you would need 3 racks as well as 3 sets (9) adaptors. You are looking at a little over $500. Hope none of this confuses you....
That answers my question perfectly, thanks. That IS a little on the steep side, isn't it? I'd still love to see photos, if you get a chance. I'll also look into Thule and Yakima.

Thanks again

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
John -- any luck with the Yakima or Thule options? I have the same issue -- need to carry three bikes. Don't want to hang them off the spare tire, don't have a hitch, and not sure how to attach to the Toyota roof rack.

Dan

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
danmarycap said:
John -- any luck with the Yakima or Thule options? I have the same issue -- need to carry three bikes. Don't want to hang them off the spare tire, don't have a hitch, and not sure how to attach to the Toyota roof rack.

Dan
Hi Dan, I know there are options but haven't had much time to research as of yet. Try searning the forum though, I know there are other threads with links to both Yakima and Thule.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts