·
Super Moderator
11,087 Posts
What, that thumping music? I don't want it! :wink

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,087 Posts
Nothing new there, Toyota has had that system for years. Its not especially popular in daily use, and tends to require more input than just parking the damn car. The basic proximity alerts are actually more helpful.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So when the car pulls back out and there's another car coming, does it stop or run right into it??
I almost never have to pull out again when I park - the parking assist should have been able to get it right the first time it backed in.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,087 Posts
The system includes proximity sensors and cross traffic alerts. You can't ignore cross traffic.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Initially I was pumped about this car and I still am to a degree. My only gripe is that there will not be an AWD Hybrid available for this model. Looks like it will only be available in FWD, which I cannot understand considering other similar models come with AWD. If the price and specs are right, it would make a great addition to replace our Scion tC.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have to agree with what most are posting here. I have never ever said to myself I wish my car could park itself. As a previous driver of several SUVs & Minivans with large rear blind spots, what I have said to myself is a backup camera would be nice to help with parking. Now that I have a backup camera, self parking feature is an unnecessary feature and a waste of $.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts