Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Max, I am sure that info will be welcome to some, but IMHO why would anyone want to add a piece of plastic on top of the engine that serves no functional purpose, and at best may increase engine heat retention.

I tend to want to remove that useless garbage and send it air born as far as I can throw it. :D

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Zorin said:
It is more for looks :)
I hated the look of the engine without the cover of some kind.
Yes, I guess you are correct. These Yota little 4-bangers are wonderfully reliable and efficient, but butt ugly engines. :wink:

·
Registered
986 Posts
My engine has a cover, it's called a hood. :D

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Zoren, i hope you are going to shine up some of those hoses and plastic components to get more matching black in there. You can also paint a few caps and things the matching red and keep it black with red accents (no yellow). :wink:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Looks good but I would definetly extend that pipe. If I come across one I may use it as well.

Thanks. M.

K

·
0 Posts
Too bad my xB engine cover wouldnt fit....otherwise, id keep it when i sell my xB:

K

·
0 Posts
I want to sell it because it is too much of a show vehicle now. If it were stock, id keep it but with a baby on the way in September, I need a more functional, all-year-around vehicle (Ive winter stored my Scion since new). I dont have the heart to let a baby destroy my pride and joy!
And seeing that I work at Toyota, it would only be natural for me to get into a G2 Rav (and this time, ill stop at wheels!)

·
Registered
302 Posts
K Dawg 1.....since you work for toyota...is their any strut bars that can fit on the G2 RAVS?......how much do they sell for the camry engine cover?

cheers!

K

·
0 Posts
Give me a day or two and ill find out...
Im guessing nothing will cross reference with the Rav for a S/B...im new to the Rav world so im no help...lol...but let me see!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Zorin said:
It is more for looks :)
I hated the look of the engine without the cover of some kind.
After, I installed CAI, I decided to get some kind of a cover - either Scion tC or custom made but then I found the Camry one.
I like it. It cleans up the engine bay nicely. Its too bad Toyota couldn't make an actual valve cover that looks similar to that. Then there would be no need for plastic

1 - 20 of 22 Posts