Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2022 RAV4 Hybrid XLE Premium. Can anyone tell me if it's worth getting the Toyota Care Plus for covering future maintenance costs? If so, for how many years/miles? I normally go to the local dealership that offers regular coupons for oil changes, etc... and normally have all maintenance performed there. I had an older 2007 Honda Pilot prior. I have no idea what the the regular maintenance costs can be for my new car and if the cost of the Care Plus is worth it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid LE
443 Posts
These are extremely easy vehicles to maintain. A very easy platform to DIY if you have the time to learn and try. Over the life of the vehicle, it will easily save you thousands of dollars to DIY, and that’s even with servicing under a more severe use maintenance schedule. I’d personally start by looking at your project annual mileage, and then bouncing that off of the maintenance intervals in the maintenance guide that came with your car. It’ll outline the “major” service intervals. You can calculate and do the math and see if it’s worth it for you.

·
Registered
NC '19 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package
2,082 Posts
I just purchased a 2022 RAV4 Hybrid XLE Premium. Can anyone tell me if it's worth getting the Toyota Care Plus for covering future maintenance costs? If so, for how many years/miles? I normally go to the local dealership that offers regular coupons for oil changes, etc... and normally have all maintenance performed there. I had an older 2007 Honda Pilot prior. I have no idea what the the regular maintenance costs can be for my new car and if the cost of the Care Plus is worth it. Thanks!
Toyota would like to have your money up front and to tie you to only using a dealer for service.

There is the pay for oil changes up front plan. And the Vehicle Service Agreement.

I like to keep the money working for me. I could wreck the car or sell the car and then what good would the plan do me. And I can use the local quick lube for oil changes and bring in my own oil for less that the Care Plus plan. So I pay as needed. I can still make 10% a year on that money (I-Bond) so why give it to the dealer early.

The VSA has been covered here under the incorrect term "extended warranty". It isn't a warranty and it doesn't cover everything including some very high expense items.

Having said all that if it is necessary to make the deal ... And most of these things you can have buyer's remorse and cancel them and get a refund.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts