Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everybody ! I have a TOYOTA RAV4 2007. it crank but won't start i check all fuses, change battery still unable to start .do you have any Idea that can solve this please .

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
It could be a bad starter. You can get someone to tap the starter lightly with a hammer while you start the car. Sometimes the brushes in the starter is worn and this may move the brushes just enough for the car to start. Another possibility is a bad alternator which you can test with a volt meter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be a bad starter. You can get someone to tap the starter lightly with a hammer while you start the car. Sometimes the brushes in the starter is worn and this may move the brushes just enough for the car to start. Another possibility is a bad alternator which you can test with a volt meter.
Thank you @DL175.I will also try your suggestion and will let you know if work or not for my case .

·
Registered
156 Posts
If it keeps cranking, that means the starter is fine... I'm leaning more towards a fuel related problem, bad fuel pump, bad MAF sensor... do you have any way to see if a CEL code is stored??

Also, being a 2.4L 4cyl, make sure there's actual oil in the motor... you could be cranking a dead motor.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,511 Posts
It may be an immobilizer problem. Is there a red "Security" light on the dash near the A/C controls? If that light is flashing, the RAV will crank but not start. There is a chip inside the key that should make that Security light go out when the key is inserted. The chip in the key must be programmed to the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts