Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Toyota Crank but won't start

16K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  REN3G8 
#1 ·
HI everybody ! I have a TOYOTA RAV4 2007. it crank but won't start i check all fuses, change battery still unable to start .do you have any Idea that can solve this please .

See less See more
#3 ·
It could be a bad starter. You can get someone to tap the starter lightly with a hammer while you start the car. Sometimes the brushes in the starter is worn and this may move the brushes just enough for the car to start. Another possibility is a bad alternator which you can test with a volt meter.

#6 ·
If it keeps cranking, that means the starter is fine... I'm leaning more towards a fuel related problem, bad fuel pump, bad MAF sensor... do you have any way to see if a CEL code is stored??

Also, being a 2.4L 4cyl, make sure there's actual oil in the motor... you could be cranking a dead motor.

#7 ·
It may be an immobilizer problem. Is there a red "Security" light on the dash near the A/C controls? If that light is flashing, the RAV will crank but not start. There is a chip inside the key that should make that Security light go out when the key is inserted. The chip in the key must be programmed to the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.