Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I am wondering if there is an aftermarket software and cables that can be used to read the ECU and other controllers in the RAV 4.3? BMW has Bavarian Technik, VW and AUDI has VagCom, etc.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Techstream for Toyota.
They are expensive if bought genuine but go for about $30 on Amazon, Ebay and other sites. My only gripe is that anti-virus software always pickup something. God knows what really in those pirated software from China.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, I am not worried about either one of those points. I am simply unaware of what is the best "brand" to get? I am completely new to Toyota as a consumer but I've been wrenching, building and racing German cars for over 10 years now. I just need to be able to perform most of the maintenance on a RAV 4 on my own.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
What are you after. To read all the ECU functions or to simply pull ODBII codes. I have a little reader I bought from harbor freight 15 years ago. Still works great. Only get codes and not much details though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to be able to read codes, clear codes, reprogram modules, navigate the CAN bus, etc. Pretty much everything a Toyota tech would do in a service bay of a dealership.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Techstream is the best way to go. This is what Toyota techs use.
TOYOTA TIS TECHSTREAM SOFTWARE V10.30.029 - DOWNLOAD FROM OBDII365(dot)com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts