Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
I see that the images at the Toyota-Europe site show a shorter version of the 4.3. The rear quarter window is definitely shorter than our USA base 4.3, and it might even have shorter rear passenger doors. What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. North America is currently the only region that will receive the extended wheelbase 2006 RAV4 -- the rest of the world gets a chassis that is 8 inches shorter.

In other Toyota idiosyncracies, Europe is currently the only region that will get diesel powerplants, manual transmissions, spare-tire-free rear doors and run-flat tires. Japan has the distinction of getting the only CVT-equipped RAV.

Don't want to get into the other haves and have-nots between countries, it's been covered enough in many other threads.

R

·
0 Posts
I favor the short wheelbase. It's much sportier. I think the idea of even offering a 3rd row seat in a RAV4 is ridiculous. There's a reason Toyota offers larger SUV models. If you have a bigger passenger list, than buy a bigger ship. :idea:

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plenty of others feel the same way... But if the V6 already seems like overkill for the big RAV, imagine it in a RAV that weighs a couple hundred pounds less! Be still my heart!! :shock: :eek: :lol: 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts