Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
Toyota is unveiling the 2007 FJ Cruiser Feb. 9th @ 7:15am PST. From what I've heard this is NOT the concept version... this is the PRODUCTION version 8)

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/index.html
Well it certainly won't have those concept truck tires but I don't see why they couldn't build everthing else on it just the way it looks there given how rediculous Hummer H2s look and they sell.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tankd0g said:
Well it certainly won't have those concept truck tires but I don't see why they couldn't build everthing else on it just the way it looks there given how rediculous Hummer H2s look and they sell.
Yeah... the 'photos' have 'concept' tires, but if you view the VIDEO here ---> http://www.toyota.com/html/cas/casfjcruiser.html you will see it has BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A's. They say in the video that the displayed model's 'exterior' is not 'concept'... it's 'prototype' 8)
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Hmm, looks interesting.

I wonder if this is going to be another $35k+ thingie..."freedom truck"...yeah, if you can pay for it...We'll see what "affordable" means once this thing hits the showrooms...

Rear taillights? I see those getting bashed on a tree on a trail somewhere...According to what I've read it actually *is* available with a manual transmission :shock:

On the first take, I like it...let's hope it's available in something other than silver, black or white...that blue isn't bad...maybe a nice green? Butterscotch like the original FJ40?

Hmm, locking rear diff? Nice. I can't see it going for less than $25k though...

Bogatyr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
tankd0g said:
Well it certainly won't have those concept truck tires but I don't see why they couldn't build everthing else on it just the way it looks there given how rediculous Hummer H2s look and they sell.
Yeah... the 'photos' have 'concept' tires, but if you view the VIDEO here ---> http://www.toyota.com/html/cas/casfjcruiser.html you will see it has BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A's. They say in the video that the displayed model's 'exterior' is not 'concept'... it's 'prototype' 8)
That video was mind numbing, I want my 16 minutes back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
tankd0g said:
That video was mind numbing, I want my 16 minutes back!
:lol: HaHaHa.... I have to agree, it was almost painful having to endure that faux news report. The so-called comedy sketch was not funny at all, but at least we got to see the new FJ at last.

If I were doing the presentation for Toyota, the FJ would have made a flashier entrance; like smashing through that mountain that opened up and doing some doughnuts on stage. Now that would be entertaining indeed! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
Derek said:
tankd0g said:
That video was mind numbing, I want my 16 minutes back!
:lol: HaHaHa.... I have to agree, it was almost painful having to endure that faux news report. The so-called comedy sketch was not funny at all, but at least we got to see the new FJ at last.

If I were doing the presentation for Toyota, the FJ would have made a flashier entrance; like smashing through that mountain that opened up and doing some doughnuts on stage. Now that would be entertaining indeed! :lol:
Maybe they plan to take the producers and actors of that video and run them down with the land cruiser at the Chicago show :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Tankdog, ROTFL!!!! That's exactly what I was thinking. Actually, my exact words were "Well, that's 16 minutes of my life I'll never get back!"

Becky
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
on caranddriver.com they say that the FJ cruiser will probably start around 20k, which is a pretty awesome.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Sweet! I want one!

That's problem with cool cars, I want it until the next cool thing comes out. lol! :D
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top