Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After just over 80K miles my 2013 XLE needs new front brakes.

I was quoted $450 something for rotors, pads, parts kit, and labor.

After a quick search it looks like OEM parts would cost about $275, does that seem right? And I'm still not entirely sure what the parts kit consists of. So I guess a little under $200 for labor doesn't seem too bad and it saves me from having to do it.

I have seen several Toyota accessory manuals around the internet, the latest was for the hitch wiring I did. I'm guessing they have something similar for parts? I'd like to see exactly what they will do and what is involved.

·
Registered
932 Posts
After just over 80K miles my 2013 XLE needs new front brakes.

I was quoted $450 something for rotors, pads, parts kit, and labor.

After a quick search it looks like OEM parts would cost about $275, does that seem right? And I'm still not entirely sure what the parts kit consists of. So I guess a little under $200 for labor doesn't seem too bad and it saves me from having to do it.

I have seen several Toyota accessory manuals around the internet, the latest was for the hitch wiring I did. I'm guessing they have something similar for parts? I'd like to see exactly what they will do and what is involved.
check your vin

not built in japan-ADVICS AD1210 {#044650R010, 0446542160} Ultra-Premium; Includes Front; Limited; XLE Model; Except Japan Built Vehicle

$44.99

Built in Japan:

ADVICS AD1211 {#0446502230, 0446542150, 0446542180} Ultra-Premium;

$47.79
Add Part
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,2013,rav4,2.5l+l4,3294225,brake/wheel+hub,brake+pad,1684
Take it to a STS tire store... mine here in Pa will throw the pads on for 50.00.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check your vin

not built in japan-ADVICS AD1210 {#044650R010, 0446542160} Ultra-Premium; Includes Front; Limited; XLE Model; Except Japan Built Vehicle

$44.99

Built in Japan:

ADVICS AD1211 {#0446502230, 0446542150, 0446542180} Ultra-Premium;

$47.79
Add Part
2013 TOYOTA RAV4 2.5L L4 Brake Pad | RockAuto
Take it to a STS tire store... mine here in Pa will throw the pads on for 50.00.

It was built in Japan.

How are those compared to Toyota? I am very happy to have gotten such a long life and decent braking from the OEM parts.

The reason I asked is what does Toyota do for procedure? Do they bleed the brakes or just push in the caliper? Does it require a special tool or will just a C-clamp do it? What torque do the parts need to be tightened to?

I don't mind doing work as long as I know what's involved ahead of time. This is my only daily vehicle, so I don't want to start something without knowing how to finish.

·
Registered
932 Posts
It was built in Japan.

How are those compared to Toyota? I am very happy to have gotten such a long life and decent braking from the OEM parts.

The reason I asked is what does Toyota do for procedure? Do they bleed the brakes or just push in the caliper? Does it require a special tool or will just a C-clamp do it? What torque do the parts need to be tightened to?

I don't mind doing work as long as I know what's involved ahead of time. This is my only daily vehicle, so I don't want to start something without knowing how to finish.
Advics are the supplier for Toyota parts.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic. It seems like a straight forward job.

So it looks like the link you posted comes with the 4 pads? I will still need the hardware kit then, right? Which brand should I get?

With the ADVICS pads and rotors it will be like $180 shipped. That's certainly significant enough for me to deal with it myself.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Fantastic. It seems like a straight forward job.

So it looks like the link you posted comes with the 4 pads? I will still need the hardware kit then, right? Which brand should I get?

With the ADVICS pads and rotors it will be like $180 shipped. That's certainly significant enough for me to deal with it myself.

Thanks for the help.
Yes for the front pads and front advics rotors it would be 179.35. But don't forget your 5 percent discount code-4968993037543882 brings it to 171.18. Good luck.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting for the rear too. The dealer said they were at 5mm but I might as well do it all at once.

Everything for front and rear ended up being like $100 less than Toyota wanted for just the front...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts