Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6-2-16
Hello RAV4 owners.

I once met a man with 300K+ miles on his 2006 Prius. Our ownership experiences haven't quite lasted as long as his.

Our Toyota Hybrid purchases are listed here:

1. 2006 Prius, trim 6, Barcelona Red, 60K miles. Burned in a house fire in 2010.
  2. 2009 Prius Touring Edition, trim 8, Barcelona Red, 45K miles. Totaled in wreck in 2013.
  3. 2010 Prius v Five w/ATP (Advanced Technology Package), Barcelona Red, 35K miles. Flooded in Houston floods 4-18-16.
  4. Purchased 5-26-16: 2016 RAV4 Hybrid AWD Limited w/ATP, Electric Storm Blue, now 1200 miles.
Several people recommended, "No more red Prius cars." We are happy that Toyota expanded its hybrid vehicle selection to include the 2016 RAV4.

Happy Motoring,

Archiveman2977

·
Registered
67 Posts
The odds are with you, after three disasters your luck has to change. Good luck with this one, I think at this point you are "bullet proof"

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sorry about all the bad luck, they say that things come in 3's, so you should be good.

Question - Did you car insurance cover the flood damage? I know for your house you have to buy a special policy but I have never checked my car insurance.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi OP, could you elaborate more on those vehicles if u had any major problems with them during the time u had them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 2008 Prius (purchased in Sept 2007) had 129,000 miles on it and was going strong... until an idiot in an SUV rear-ended me, totaled my car, and drove off leaving me stranded and in shock on the highway. Just bought a Hybrid RAV4 LTD.

·
Registered
450 Posts
My 2008 Prius (purchased in Sept 2007) had 129,000 miles on it and was going strong... until an idiot in an SUV rear-ended me, totaled my car, and drove off leaving me stranded and in shock on the highway. Just bought a Hybrid RAV4 LTD.
Looks like you're a sound candidate for some dash cams. Front and rear.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dash cams - front or rear - wouldn't have helped. In my state, license plates are required on the rear of the vehicle only. The driver took off at an angle across the highway and a dash cam wouldn't have captured a plate number. I did check with local businesses to see if it was recorded on their security video (it wasn't). I was able to give a good description of the car (a customized SUV). It hasn't been found, but the police are still looking.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Do u hear any rattles on your rav4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
Dash cams - front or rear - wouldn't have helped. In my state, license plates are required on the rear of the vehicle only. The driver took off at an angle across the highway and a dash cam wouldn't have captured a plate number. I did check with local businesses to see if it was recorded on their security video (it wasn't). I was able to give a good description of the car (a customized SUV). It hasn't been found, but the police are still looking.
A good dashcam would see the car even without number plate and may even see the driver. Should look into it. I only have front installed. Feels very naked driving without it. Now looking to install rear. Couldn't decide which to buy yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A good dashcam would see the car even without number plate and may even see the driver. Should look into it. I only have front installed. Feels very naked driving without it. Now looking to install rear. Couldn't decide which to buy yet.

Which dashcam specifically and where do they install them for those of us more technically challenged?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
Which dashcam specifically and where do they install them for those of us more technically challenged?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm no expert either but I found having a dashcam can solves a lot of issues. Now I can tell where wife/son went with my car. Ha ha.
Jokes aside, have a look at this forum. Very knowledgeable helpful, friendly members there and will give you all your answers.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/

I have a Mobius from ebay. Served me well for 2 years. Will buy another 2 for my new car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
6-7-16
Dear 3finches,

Glad to hear you are OK. Scary to think about. Don't dwell on it, move forward.

We purchased each Prius hybrid to be our car for the next 10-15 years. I would be happy to be driving any one of them still, they were that good. Moving forward, we are impressed while driving the new 2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited w/ATP, it's that good, except it cannot match the Prii MPG figures.

archiveman2977

1 - 19 of 19 Posts