Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
They could be made on Mars and it would not matter, Toyota Manufacturing Standards is still Toyota Manufacturing standards. Look on the bright side, this expands production and proves the hybrid is here to stay. Let's hope that brings the prices down a bit as well???

Peace!

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Creating more jobs here is usually a good thing! :smile

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
They could be made on Mars and it would not matter, Toyota Manufacturing Standards is still Toyota Manufacturing standards.
If they were made in China I bet they could still use the good paint, with lots of lead and VOCs.

And good wire insulation, none of that rodent food soy based "plastic". :D

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
This is only about power train components, and maybe only some of them.

In no particular order, Toyota will: add hybrid transaxle production in Buffalo, West Virginia; increase 2.5-liter engine assembly capacity in Georgetown, Kentucky; boost 2.5-liter cylinder head production in Troy, Missouri; make room for hybrid transaxle cases and housings and 2.5-liter engine blocks in Jackson, Tennessee; and upgrade the line to build new TNGA-friendly engines in Huntsville, Alabama.
The engines made in Kentucky and transaxles made in West Virginia will end up in hybrids destined for sale in the US, like the Highlander Hybrid. Toyota did not specify what engines would go into TNGA-based vehicles in Alabama, which means there might be a future surprise in store for powertrain geeks.
The TNGA platform currently underpins a number of Toyota models, including the C-HR, Prius and Camry. The next-generation Corolla, which should debut in the near future, will ride atop the TNGA platform, as well. It's a versatile platform, accommodating vehicles with front-wheel drive, all-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive. Toyota will likely save a boatload of development money by using this single platform on as many vehicles as possible.

All this money won't create too many new jobs, however. Toyota estimates that the investment will add 50 new jobs in Alabama, and that's about it. It did say, however, that the money would "help to ensure the stability of the plants' employment levels in the future," according to Toyota's release.

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is only about power train components, and maybe only some of them.
The RAV4 (gas version) is made in Canada (Ontario), and seems that the next generation, including the Hybrid, will be made at the same location.

"What’s Interesting: The RAV4 Hybrid is built in Japan, but the next generation will be built in Woodstock, Ont. alongside the gasoline model."

Source: Toyota brings a hybrid to the RAV4 lineup - WHEELS.ca

·
Registered
23 Posts
Toyota quality control will keep the standards that the Rav has now or make it better, no matter where it is built. I came to own a Rav after owning a Tacoma. It was built in Texas, and in Mexico, and I found the quality to be the same on both models. If Toyota quality standards are followed, the Rav could be built anywhere. This is what makes the Brand so desirable. My wife has a Lexus that was built in Japan, and now it is built in America, the quality is the same. It is the quality of the design, not the assemblers that make the Rav work.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a gas version RAV4 that was made in Japan so not all gas versions were made in Canada.
My 2017 RAV4 XLE was made in Japan too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts