Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried some Toyota Injector Cleaner in my 2007 4cyl Rav two days ago. It didn't seem to do anything until yesterday. Could be just me, but the car seemed to a lot more pickup and seemed to run a LOT smoother? Anyone else tried this Toyota cleaner? (the one on the right)

Toyota says it lasts for 2 years or 40,000kms :)

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,832 Posts
Every time I go to the dealer for an oil change, they try to say I need their injector cleaning service for only $200. I'll bet all they do is dump a bottle of this stuff in the tank!

·
Super Moderator
10,629 Posts
Every time I go to the dealer for an oil change, they try to say I need their injector cleaning service for only $200. I'll bet all they do is dump a bottle of this stuff in the tank!
Yeah, and I bet that's at least three times in 2 years or 25,000 miles (40,000 kms).

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't use the Toyota FI cleaner but another brand. Once it's pumped into the fuel lines and sits for overnight or two it does help.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I use Chevron Techron with good results.:smile

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Junebug, yeah they probably do! That bottle cost me $23AU! Car is running the best it has for a long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts