Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my dealer management yesterday and told them they needed a subcompact to better compete with the Subaru Cross Trek. I told them my spouse likes the Subaru Cross Trek Limited because it is smaller than the RAV4 mainly because of the smaller cargo area, but did not care for the Honda and Toyota Subcompact SUVs being too small and the Nissan Rogue is too big for her practical needs. We both liked the 2019 Subaru Cross Trek Limited AWD and the Hybrid would be OK too after driving the gas model. Very difficult getting in and out of the Toyota and Honda Subcompact Models, the Hyundai Kono was comfortable, but liked the Subaru much better and better reliability history between those two manufacturers.

The Toyota Dealer said Toyota is doing away with their HRV next year if that is what it is called, time will tell. They said they were working on an SUV that would go between the RAV4 and Highlander, what, you heard me. Like I said a better designed subcompact would be a better choice and the should realize what direction to go by the CRs. Older retired baby boomers with no kids are looking for small and comfortable, but not that small. Also living on fixed income, sale price, operating costs, and maintenance costs are all part of our agenda for the next 10 years or so.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Honda makes the HRV... Toyota makes the C-HR
Thanks, I get them mixed up by name. Did you test drive them, I had trouble getting in and out of both of them. The Subaru Cross Trek seemed to be about the same as getting in and out of the RAV4 and Forester, very easy for me, but difficult for my son who is a bit over 6 feet tall.

Registered
I sat in the Lexus UX 250h which I think is the same size/platform as the C-HR. The cabin felt really small and the driver seat is very tight. On the C-HR, for the rear passengers, the side window tapers to nothing on the back half of the window so it feels claustrophobic to sit in the back seats. I don't find the size practical at all. It's definitely an "urban SUV" in that if you live in the city and need to drive around a subcompact size vehicle and needs a SUV, then it might be ok. But the cabin & cargo space is tiny.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
RVS I never set foot in the Lexus,but if I won a Toyota C-HR I would sell it to a young family member for whatever Taxes I would have to pay. It had about as much room as a Corola and the Corola may have more cargo space

1 - 6 of 6 Posts