Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did everyone else receive one of these a year after purchasing your Rav? I got one the other day and filled it out carefully just in case someone actually listens.

The things I listed as issues are the same things we often talk about here, as follows (in the order they were addressed in the survey):

1. Radio reception/static and poor sound quality, which I told them were resolved in that I replaced the head unit and speakers.

2. Upholstery worn/faded/cracked, which I told them was resolved in that I got aftermarket leather. I pointed out that after only a few months the fabric was clearly not wearing well.

3. I pointed out that I wish the traction control could be turned on and off manually as the driver desires (for more fun in the snow, though I didn't say that!).

4. Dash/instrument panel and cargo cover squeak/rattle, I told them about my dash squeak (which of course returned a week after it was "fixed") and the fact that the tonneau cover makes some noise.

5. I told them that they need to make the 2-door available in the U.S.!!!

Everything else I gave the Rav a glowing review. None of the above are deal breakers for me. I would've bought her, and in fact did buy her knowing that these things were issues. I did tell them how much I love Ravs.

So who else got one of these and what did you tell them?

Becky

S

·
0 Posts
I received a survey, but it was only about 3 months after purchasing the RAV. I'm approaching the one year mark so I don't know if they will send me another one.

K

·
0 Posts
RAV survey

I got one of these surveys about 4 months after my purchase. At the time, and things haven't changed, I gave my RAV a glowing report except for the following:

1. The cd player and speakers are lame (I don't listen to the radio). In most highway driving you can't even hear most of the music. I hope some day to replace the cd player and speakers (I'd like a player from the Scion).

2. I had the same dash chirp/rattle which was fixed by my dealer 5 months ago and hasn't returned. The dealership wasn't able to tell me what it was.

3. If you have alloy wheels with wheel locks, they give you a wheel lock key, but there is no place designated to store it. They should have a specific spot for storing the key so that you don't have to have it rattle around inside the glove box or elsewhere.

4. The OEM all-weather floor mats don't cover enough of the carpet. And why don't they make a rear cargo mat big enough to cover the cargo area when the seats are removed??

5. My only "hate" is still the rattle in the rear licence plate and spare tire. No matter what "fixes" are tried, they both still rattle. Sounds cheap every time I close the rear door.

Other than that, the car is a real beauty in Everglade metallic.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: RAV survey

ken b said:
2. I had the same dash chirp/rattle which was fixed by my dealer 5 months ago and hasn't returned. The dealership wasn't able to tell me what it was.
LOL! Gotta love that, they fixed it, but they aren't sure what they fixed?!! Sounds like a typical dealer. :wink:

Becky

J

·
0 Posts
1) Interior lights should stay on until the car is cranked. They go off immediately after I lock the doors, which is the FIRST thing I do when I get in the car. Then I fumble around for the hole.

2) Road noise. It must really be bad for those of you who have 2
ears.(I'm deaf in one).

3) Lousy radio. No satellite interface built in. I've had to PIE an
interface that works fair.

4) Lighted door switches would have been a nice addition too.

So far, though, so good. I've almost got my leather interior completed Becky (thanks to seeing your inspiration) and should
have my proximity sensors installed on the rear (bumper/step bar) within the next couple of days.

jerij

1 - 5 of 5 Posts