Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have ordered a new Rav4 Hybrid in Norway. I'm soon going to pick it up. The colour is Night Sky Black (209). I have read that Toyota/Lexus black paint isn't the best? Do anyone here have experience with Toyota paint protector, (ceramic-hard coating)? In Norway this costs USD 630. If it is recommended shoud I buy it now, or can I just as well wait until the paint is worn, and then treat it?

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
Have it done immediately, it will protect the paint for years. If you wait "until the paint is worn" it will serve no purpose. There are many ceramic coatings on the market but I've not heard of one by Toyota. All require expert preparation and application so make sure the person is certified to apply it.

Here in the USA I would not trust a car dealership to apply it. Things may be different in Norway.

Reactions: stefgro

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Most if not all of the complaints about Toyota paint on this forum appear to involve white paint. According to an acquaintance who is service manager for a dealership which sells Chrysler and GM vehicles all of the complaints about paint which he has had also have been about white paint.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Most if not all of the complaints about Toyota paint on this forum appear to involve white paint. According to an acquaintance who is service manager for a dealership which sells Chrysler and GM vehicles all of the complaints about paint which he has had also have been about white paint.

Question. Toyota has two white paints for Rav, Super White and Blizzard Pearl. Are the complaints about the Super White, which I have heard is not clear coated but Blizzard Pearl is clear coated. Know nothing about GM or Chrysler white paints, if clear coated or not.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the Blizzard Pearl which has the paint peeling issue. The problem is in the improper application of the primer. The top might be protected but the real problem is underneath.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm getting a ceramic treatment done by my Toyota vendor that uses this system:

Diamondbrite Automotive - jewelultra

They have two types of treatment, one that is like a wax, and one that is ceramic, according to my sales contact at my local Toyota store. Toyota in Norway also offers another wax-system done by another vendor, I don't know which, but this ceramic treatment from this company (see the link) was supposedly the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts