Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, would just like to say thanks to these forums for talks about lpg. After some hard research and few places turning me away because they wouldn't fit the tank in the spare space in the boot. Today I have paid £850 for the lpg conversion. Plus £30 for a full tank of LPG at 0.56p l. Would like to add some pictures of the lpg. I have a 60l tank in the boot space but the floor stick up a little bit which I am not fussed about. I am very happy with it.
Thanks again for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Thank you for posting this - interest in using LPG as a fuel for cars in the U.S. seems to have waned. Will you escape from having to pay the tax which is levied on petrol in the U.K.? Also it will be interesting to hear how much money you are saving by having the conversion done and whether it will be worth the 850 Pounds which the conversion cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for posting this - interest in using LPG as a fuel for cars in the U.S. seems to have waned. Will you escape from having to pay the tax which is levied on petrol in the U.K.? Also it will be interesting to hear how much money you are saving by having the conversion done and whether it will be worth the 850 Pounds which the conversion cost.
Hi, spoken to dvla today I need to send in proof of the Certificate of LPG the log book V5C. My tax should drop atleast £100 from £340. Running wise it's half the price of petrol unleaded at the moment. Well worth doing. Also download the autogas app to find the nearest filling station near me. I actually have about 8 local to me cheapest one at 0.52p a litre

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So is it essentially dual-fuel now? LPG when you can find it, petrol when it's not available?
Yes it is dual fuel now. No problems finding LPG to be honest. Morrison seem to have it in every petrol station

And I forgot to add my rav4 only has 64k on the clock

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes it is dual fuel now. No problems finding LPG to be honest. Morrison seem to have it in every petrol station

And I forgot to add my rav4 only has 64k on the clock
Nice! Over here in Canada LPG isn't really a thing on the East Coast, but it's still around in some rural prairie areas. I lived on the east coast until I was 22, didn't even know you could run vehicles on anything other than gas/diesel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! Over here in Canada LPG isn't really a thing on the East Coast, but it's still around in some rural prairie areas. I lived on the east coast until I was 22, didn't even know you could run vehicles on anything other than gas/diesel.
Crazy LPG hasn't really taken off in the UK. When I was younger there was a lot of talk about lpg. Again people in the UK tend to change cars after 5 years. We live in a throwaway Society in the UK. The initial cost of the conversion puts people off. We were also told here that diesel were better for the environment. Lots of taxi drivers here are now using LPG.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lots of municipal fleet vehicles in a municipality I used to live in were actually dual fuel Natural Gas trucks. Always thought it would’ve been nice to have a NG filler at my house to fill up, don’t know if that’s a thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts