Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Rav4
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2007 RAV4 and is morning when I started my car I noticed that my Maintaince Req light blinked like 8 times while the other lights on the dashboard came on and continued as the other lights stopped. Now I checked the other forum threads on here, and I've seen some possibilities as it could be an oil change due, or it's a warning for the engine that it's approaching 5000 miles. I have had my oil change about a month ago, I have only 2000 miles left to my to my next oil change. My mileage is 117k so I don't know what it could be ? Can anybody help me thank you. :smile

·
Registered
33 Posts
A quick search with Google shows that the light starts blinking like that when 4500 miles have been driven since the last oil change. Could be that the last time you had the oil changed they forgot to reset the counter

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Sounds like whoever did your oil change may not have reset the maintenance required system. From a 2006 4.3 post:

Resetting Maintenance Req'd light.

Turn the key to the 'on' position.

Press the trip button meter until it displays the “Trip A" odometer.

Turn they key to the off position.

Then while holding the trip meter down, turn the key to the 'on' position. 4 blinking dashes will display and they will count down.

When the last dash disappears 000000 is displayed to indicate the maintenance counter has been reset.

Reactions: Mikeishisname

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Not sure if it's on the Canadian ones or not. But it is just a dumb counter. If you've had others doing oil changes they may have been resetting it and you just never encountered it.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Am pleased that we could help!

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Not sure if it's on the Canadian ones or not. But it is just a dumb counter. If you've had others doing oil changes they may have been resetting it and you just never encountered it.
Been doing my own oil changes since I had this RAV4. So I guess mine just does not have it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yea i do my own oil changes as well and have never reset any oil counter. I just use my trip b to keep track of when it was changed last

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts