Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought and installed this item from Ebay:

For Toyota RAV4 2013 2016 LED Light Inner Door Sill Plate Replacement Scruff | eBay

I followed the Interior Light Kit instructions as much as possible but ran into an issue. The Interior Light Kit has 2 wires and the item I purchased has 4 wires. Through a little bit of trial and error I found that red connects to yellow and blue connects to gray. I must also ground the ground wire to the bolt under the left panel near the Door Sill. There is still a yellow wire not connected, does anyone know what is for? I am thinking its to maybe connect to a switch to give power even when doors are closed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reviewing pdf and seeing where the yellow wire ties in, I have done so.

Connecting the yellow wire as illustrated, will turn only your blue led's on when the lights are on (minus DRL). Opening the doors still works as before, turning both blue and white led's on.

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
Looks pretty spiffy to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are really nice.
I'm waiting for my next paycheck to get those.
Did the wires clip on with the connectors? Or did you have to splice any wires?
You can use whatever you want to tap into wires, but I used POSI-TAP to tap the 3 wires in. There is another wire that you have to connect using a 10mm socket to connect. The bolt is right there where the harness will be when placed correctly. The harness runs through the dash (I ran lower for other reasons, but may run where its suppose to later). and down each side to the start of the rear door sills. The harness has connections in each spot to correctly plug each door sill in and lock down.

Not counting the ground which was covered, 2 of the wires needed to tap in will fall where the plugs are under driver side panel. 1 wire will fall in Stereo area where it taps into illumination which is only needed if you want the blue to come on when the lights are on (minus DRL).

·
Registered
551 Posts
You can use whatever you want to tap into wires, but I used POSI-TAP to tap the 3 wires in. There is another wire that you have to connect using a 10mm socket to connect. The bolt is right there where the harness will be when placed correctly. The harness runs through the dash (I ran lower for other reasons, but may run where its suppose to later). and down each side to the start of the rear door sills. The harness has connections in each spot to correctly plug each door sill in and lock down.

Not counting the ground which was covered, 2 of the wires needed to tap in will fall where the plugs are under driver side panel. 1 wire will fall in Stereo area where it taps into illumination which is only needed if you want the blue to come on when the lights are on (minus DRL).
I've already installed the OUTER door sill protectors which rest on the metal frame further outward from the inner door sills.
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/109-4-4-electric-rav4-hybrid-ev/238194-led-door-sill-installed-corrected-pinout.html
When I save up for the inner door sills i'll just tap into the outer door sill protectors I already installed.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Seller emailed me installation instructions, attaching...
thanks for the pdf t.mehoves
i have a quick question about the manual.
on page 12 there's a picture of a 40 pin connector (picture 2-1)
the manual says:
"Yellow pin 40, on the 40 pin connector"
Where is that 40 pin connector?
I've never seen that connector in my rav4.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the pdf t.mehoves
i have a quick question about the manual.
on page 12 there's a picture of a 40 pin connector (picture 2-1)
the manual says:
"Yellow pin 40, on the 40 pin connector"
Where is that 40 pin connector?
I've never seen that connector in my rav4.
Its one of the plugs that connects to the radio (so its behind the radio). I do not understand the naming of most of these plugs and yes, its not a 40 pin connector.

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Rav4 XLE and 2020 Rav4 Limited Hybrid
58 Posts
any idea if this will fit the 2017?

Also, does the ebayu listing you posted come with the front and rear or just the rear?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I took my head unit out as well and I don't have a 40 pin connector either. So direction don't match up. Do you know what wires to connect to on the back of the head unit??? Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts