Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Toyota RAV4 Hybrid AEB in Real Life

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Lowcountry Rav 
#1 ·
#7 ·
How about in real life this feature kills you and everybody in your car. Your primary responsibility is to drive the car, this electronic crap can kill you and your entire family.

In 2017 I went for a test drive. A cop was directing traffic on the side of the road. Dark foggy, and raining hard The car came to a sudden stop and an 18 wheeler in back of me hit me. The sensors in the car picked up the cop as a pedestrian in the way. I was ticketed for unsafe braking.
When I showed the judge documentation he dismissed it.

The first thing I did was disable this horrible feature that never should be in existence.
Also let’s suppose you’re in the middle of a carjacking. The system slams on his brakes. Now your car is stolen and a bullet is put through your head by the carjacker.
I would floor it and make sure the carjacker was under the car. But now you’re dead because of this retarded safety feature.

#8 ·
Also let’s suppose you’re in the middle of a carjacking. The system slams on his brakes. Now your car is stolen and a bullet is put through your head by the carjacker.
Well, someone has certainly been watching a bit too much Hollywood ?

Anyways, I think car Nanny's can be a bit much, but overall they do more good for the general public than bad. For the 1% such as yourself, they give the option of turning it off completely. However, remember that we live in a society where everyone behaves and thinks totally different from one another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.