Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to let you guys know I have completed the process for Lemon Law and 2019 XSE RAV4 last week repurchased my car and all is over. If you have any questions if any of you pursue this let me know.
Also.. I am now trying to sell some all-weather floor mats genuine toyota.. I am in Virginia but we can figure out transportation! Let me know

thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
I wanted to let you guys know I have completed the process for Lemon Law and 2019 XSE RAV4 last week repurchased my car and all is over. If you have any questions if any of you pursue this let me know.
Also.. I am now trying to sell some all-weather floor mats genuine toyota.. I am in Virginia but we can figure out transportation! Let me know

thanks
I'd be interested in more details about your mats. I would require shipping to 49635.

·
Registered
10 Posts

thanks
Hi,

Just got my 2019 XSE last week. Sorry to hear about your issues, but i guess you are glad about the buyback. Curious to know what you were dealing with.

I am interested in the all weather mats, im in MD, and get to VA every week or so, depending on where you are.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in Woodbridge, VA but work in Arlington, VA so i could meet in either location.
The issue was the gas tank not filling and I hated being told “next year we’ll have a fix”. I ended up buying a used pruis off Craigslist for now but I’m either going to purchase the 2020 XSE RAV4 again or a Dodge Ram (I know they are 2 different vehicles haha)

·
Super Moderator
10,898 Posts
There is a classified section here to sell your floor mats. When you open "Classifieds" the rules for posting are at the top.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Congratulations for managing to have Toyota repurchase your problematic RAV4. Good to know that the Lemon Law worked. Perhaps if more owners were able to accomplish that Toyota would get the message and devise a fix for the problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations for managing to have Toyota repurchase your problematic RAV4. Good to know that the Lemon Law worked. Perhaps if more owners were able to accomplish that Toyota would get the message and devise a fix for the problem.
Thanks! It sucked to be honest, I really did love the car but I’m not putting up with some issue then be told “we’ll fix it later.” I plan on repurchasing the 2020 XSE RAV4 (or maybe a Tacoma, idk yet) but I definitely want to know the issue has been resolved.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Could you provide a more in depth explanation of how you got them to buy it back? Would be good to know the process and what you did to accomplish that as I'm sure it wasn't easy to get them to buy it back over not filling the tank properly. I know my dealership just documented the problem and pretty much said there's no fix go away. Would be nice to know what recourse could be used. Also, if you had a case number we could reference to the dealers to prove it happened as I had told them someone was in the process of a buyback over it and they pretty much told me I'm full of it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You as the customer must say “I have a lemon” to Toyota HQ. Then Toyota (HQ not the dealership, if you haven’t call the main toyota and request a case agent to be assigned to your case.)

Toyota will take 30 days to investigate (lemon law requires you give the dealer a reasonable amount of time to resolve your issue so 30 days is Toyota having a reasonable time) then you’ll get called from a manager at Toyota HQ who will tell you they will have a solution in 2020 but nothing now and offer to repurchase the car.

the most important part is getting your dealership to document the problem because Toyota will charge you (in Virginia at least) .27 a mile when you reported the problem.

Hope that was helpful

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Could you provide a more in depth explanation of how you got them to buy it back? Would be good to know the process and what you did to accomplish that as I'm sure it wasn't easy to get them to buy it back over not filling the tank properly. I know my dealership just documented the problem and pretty much said there's no fix go away. Would be nice to know what recourse could be used. Also, if you had a case number we could reference to the dealers to prove it happened as I had told them someone was in the process of a buyback over it and they pretty much told me I'm full of it.
Just to add to my previous post... don’t tell your dealership anything about the lemon law or whatever... just point the problem and have them document there is a problem and it’s not fixable THEN call Toyota HQ and file a complaint with a case manager. “I was at Toyota with the problem and it’s not fixable. It’s brand new and I have a lemon.”

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not any better on the 2020. My 2020 is very hard to fill the last 2 gallons. I have to run the pump as slow as possible to get 14.5 total in the tank.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You as the customer must say “I have a lemon” to Toyota HQ. Then Toyota (HQ not the dealership, if you haven’t call the main toyota and request a case agent to be assigned to your case.)

Toyota will take 30 days to investigate (lemon law requires you give the dealer a reasonable amount of time to resolve your issue so 30 days is Toyota having a reasonable time) then you’ll get called from a manager at Toyota HQ who will tell you they will have a solution in 2020 but nothing now and offer to repurchase the car.

the most important part is getting your dealership to document the problem because Toyota will charge you (in Virginia at least) .27 a mile when you reported the problem.

Hope that was helpful
How did you get a repurchase? HQ refuses to acknowledge mine as a lemon and states it’s no safety issue and to wait for a fix. I took it in for a repair and he only filled the tank and said there is no repair. I drive 200 miles a day and this false advertising should be stopped. One of the reasons I bought this car was the 14.5 gal tank. Did you use a law firm? I told them I didn’t want this car and they have refused to do anything. I’m already at 8300 miles due to my commute. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
457 Posts
How did you get a repurchase? HQ refuses to acknowledge mine as a lemon and states it’s no safety issue and to wait for a fix. I took it in for a repair and he only filled the tank and said there is no repair. I drive 200 miles a day and this false advertising should be stopped. One of the reasons I bought this car was the 14.5 gal tank. Did you use a law firm? I told them I didn’t want this car and they have refused to do anything. I’m already at 8300 miles due to my commute. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
The OP's experience would only be applicable if they were in the same state you were. You need to look up your state's exact lemon laws. There is typically a very well described process - meaning an attempt to fix the problem some number of times over some period of time, and a bunch of other things -ie it needs to affect the use of the vehicle.

If your dealer refuses to acknowledge the problem to begin with that means you first need to follow the warranty handling process from your warranty manual - which I believe is first to contact Toyota customer service directly, and if that doesn't work appeal to the arbitrator out of Michigan - ie read your warranty booklet and start there.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts