Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know if the adaptive cruise control is all-speed in the 2016 RAV4 with Toyota Safety Sense?

Toyota Global Site | Technology File

Subaru salesperson told me it is for Subaru, ie, you can use it in stop-and-go traffic (not really supposed to but it works). If not, it seems like you have to take over when speed falls below 30km/hr.

Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't tried, but normally cruise control doesn't even engage under 25 mph (40 kph).

·
Registered
107 Posts
The adaptive mode shuts off under 45kph (28mph). The fixed speed mode (hold the button in for about 2 seconds) works down to 40kph (25mph). I know because I tested that very thing today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the clarification. The all-speed adaptive cruise control would be a neat feature to have but one should really pay attention in stop and go traffic.

The Subaru salesperson told me that he would set it to 50 km / hr and let the car adapt to the speed of the car in front of him, up to a max of 50 km / hr and when traffic slows down/stops his Subaru would stop too. Once traffic gets going again all he has to do it tap and the gas pedal and it would resume adaptive cruise control.

The adaptive mode shuts off under 45kph (28mph). The fixed speed mode (hold the button in for about 2 seconds) works down to 40kph (25mph). I know because I tested that very thing today.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Apparently the 2016 Prius has an adaptive cruise that works in stop and go traffic so it may come to the Rav in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Unlike the previous cruise control I used in every Toyota product I drove, my 2016 RAV4 remembers the speed last set when I go below the threshold speed. So, after stopping, once above the cutoff speed, I can resume and it will resume to the last setting. It always annoyed my in older models that I had to reset to the desired speed after each stop.

Even Toyota is bringing autonomous driving closer with each model year. Personally, I can't wait. I've got better things to do with my time while driving than driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts