·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
Those appear to be rivets, not screws.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Beware that an explosive charge is normally incorporated in modern seat belt retractors! They are to tighten the belt during a collision. Don't mess with that part of the belt system -- just replace the assembly (with the battery disconnected, of course; follow the safety instructions in the FSM). In the U.S., the belts are often under extended waranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok.. thanks... that's mean cannot be disassembled? search for 5 days already can't find any idea.. the seat belt receiver still working but need to hard insert for about 4-5 times...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The receiver, where you insert the metal buckle, doesn't have the charge like the retractor assembly. The receiver often is replaceable separately -- use a new, OEM Toyota part though. If just sticky, try a little WD-40 spray in it to loosen up the plastic button, etc.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
ok.. thanks... that's mean cannot be disassembled? search for 5 days already can't find any idea.. the seat belt receiver still working but need to hard insert for about 4-5 times...
There may be a small piece of broken plastic or trash in there that blocks the tang. Try blowing it out with compressed air. Use eye protection, of course.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I use silicone lubricant spray since i use it on my airsoft guns (i don't have WD40 at the time). Plus compressed air to remove gunk/ hardened dirt. Until now it locks/unlocks flawlessly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts