Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
So did they correct the fuel tank size and up it to 14.8 gallons or do they now need to make another correction? Also they are still showing that a CD player comes with the limited tech package.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have fuel tank correct in both documents. Where did you see something else? The JBL premium is still listed as am/fm/cd.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My mistake on the gas tank, I had 12.something stuck in my head from something else I confused myself with. However, the JBL premium still says it comes with a CD player, it does not come with a CD player.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My mistake on the gas tank, I had 12.something stuck in my head from something else I confused myself with. However, the JBL premium still says it comes with a CD player, it does not come with a CD player.
So the non-JBL system comes with a CD player? We didn't order the Adv Tech package because my wife doesn't want the fancy JBL system and the 360 camera.

We also could care less if the car has a CD player, but I am curios now :lol:

·
Registered
240 Posts
So the non-JBL system comes with a CD player? We didn't order the Adv Tech package because my wife doesn't want the fancy JBL system and the 360 camera.

The base system includes a CD player. The Advanced Tech Package eliminates the CD player. My wife does want a CD player so we will not get the Adv Tech Package. She doesn't care about the birds-eye view camera anyway.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

Has it been confirmed that the non-JBL system has a CD player? There are 3 levels of audio units in the Rav4, I thought only the base unit has it, which doesn't come in the Hybrids. There's the base unit, the "Premium" unit and the "Premium JBL" unit. I had the impression that the JBL unit was the same as the Premium one, just with the extra JBL amp. Am I confused?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The XLE has the Entune Audio Plus with the CD Player as standard.

The Limited has the Entune Premium Audio with no CD as standard. The upgraded JBL as a stand alone or part of the tech pal still has no CD

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

The Limited has the Entune Premium Audio with no CD as standard. The upgraded JBL as a stand alone or part of the tech pal still has no CD
As far as I can see, the hybrid XLE only comes with Entune Premium.

·
Registered
240 Posts

So there is no CD player on any Limited model, right? My wife is going to be very disappointed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just convert your CDs to iPod or Usb and plug in. Much nicer and you don't have cart a bunch of CDs around.
I just prefer CDs during the work week as I burn a lot of music and podcasts that I take to work as my work does not allow anything with Bluetooth, wifi, USB drives and all external connection to the computer...thanks to Hillary, Snowden and China.

·
Registered
240 Posts
...my work does not allow anything with Bluetooth, wifi, USB drives and all external connection to the computer...thanks to Hillary, Snowden and China.
I've been retired over 8 years and my employer did not allow any external sources or connections to the network. Nothing to do with Hillary, Snowden, etc,. just sound business practice.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Working for the DoD, I can tell you these rules came out specifically because of these folks, memorandums from the secretary of defense sited these folks when the new policies were issued.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Working for the DoD, I can tell you these rules came out specifically because of these folks, memorandums from the secretary of defense sited these folks when the new polices were issued.
I stand corrected in your case. What I should have said was that computer security in many large non-government businesses was (and probably still is) more rigorous than at many government agencies. My former employer certainly was.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I stand corrected in your case. What I should have said was that computer security in many large non-government businesses was (and probably still is) more rigorous than at many government agencies. My former employer certainly was.
Sadly I can't disagree. I can guarantee the federal government pays exponentially more per user to secure their computer systems compared to what the private sector pays, however the private sectors systems are probably more secure and a hell of a lot faster than the junk I get to work with. Hell, my phone outperforms my work desktop computer (when it works).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hell, my phone outperforms my work desktop computer (when it works).
Please tell me you're work PC isn't running Windows XP! And then we can get back to discussing the Rav4 Hybrid. :wink

Btw, my wife has been insisting for years that she loves her 2004 Highlander Limited V6 and would only trade it for a hybrid. As the Highlander got larger and larger, that option was not viable. Now that she's driven the Rav4 Hybrid, she concedes that it is pretty nice and will enjoy all the new safety features and creature comforts. The only thing she's going to miss is the CD player but I've assured her that I can put all her music on one USB stick and it will be easily accessible via the touch screen.

·
Registered
211 Posts
We were upgraded from XP to Windows 7 last year. It helped, but lacking performance, needed software and competent tech support contributes to me feeling like I am working with both hands tied behind my back playing with one leg in an ass kicking competition.

I will live without the CD player, but it would have been nice to have and I thought I was getting one when I ordered my RAV based off the brochures and technical specs Toyota has published. Never noticed it on a test drive as I was focused on other stuff..

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Far as I can tell, none of the units with the 7" display have a CD player. That includes all of the hybrids.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I keep my personal music on an Android smartphone, an iPad, and an iPod. Much nicer than hauling around a bunch of CDs. With my computer it's easy to keep an exact duplicate on each device.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts