Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
161 - 180 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
How do I turned off door open beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep ? I cant seem to figure out where to do this..............

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
I am still having the same issue.

I followed the steps in post#72 (http://www.rav4world.com/forums/96-4-3-general/92711-toyota-techstream-mvci-8.html#post945170)

I installed Windows XP Mode on my Windows 7 Ultimate laptop.

I them proceeded with a clean install in Windows XP:
  • Install TechStream 7.20.041.exe
  • Install TISKEY.exe
  • Install MVCI Driver for TOYOTA-CABLE 2.0.1.msi
Under "VIM Select", I am using "XHorse - MVCI". My other option is "TIS TechStream VIM" but it does not seem to work at all.

But I still get the same error as before i.e. red on K and L lines.
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/att...125473-toyota-techstream-mvci-cablestatus.jpg

Do I have a bad cable, especially concerning line K (pin#7)?

I also checked my OBDII port just to see if all is good there.
Well, here's what it looks like in the attachment.

I now want to know why I don't have a pin#15 , which matches line L.

On a side note, it seems like TechStream is not testing pins (#9,#12,#13). They are not OBD2 specific but vendor specific. Techstream is not testing them; may be they are dummy pins with no wires hooked up to them???

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got mine working after downloading the software since I can not read mini CDs. Did the special install of XP Mode on my WIN7/64 home Premium machine. Then installed the new driver. I also stalled a little on remembering to turn on the USB port on the virtual machine. Whew, a few hoops to jump thru :)

I made a few changes, like the Auto A/C on and seat belt alert chime off. I did not find a setting for what is somewhat annoying..... I get warming chime every time I go to exit the car. Just as if I had left the lights on. I can not figure out what is causing it. It does not matter if I have my foot on the brake or not when turning off the ignition (smart key) and does not stop after I exit the car with the fob. Basically, whenever the door is open and the ign. is off. Any ideas?
I caved and took it to the dealer for warranty repair. It had also a few times took a few attempts to crank to start. Basically nothing happened when I pressed the button to start. When I got there the beeper was silent when I opened the door (normal). So something happened by getting it up to road speed. I had tried putting it in gear and got up to about 5 MPH in the driveway with no change. :shrug:

While talking to the service writer, about 30ft away behind a glass wall, a service tech started my car while the smart fob was in my pocket! I thought this was all part of the problem.

In the end, their report was everything was normal. Gremlins I guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great post. I've been considering the Techstream software for a while. Question - is it possible to select DTE (distance to empty) in place of either outside temperature, instantaneous mpg, or average mpg? Thanks.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
Great post. I've been considering the Techstream software for a while. Question - is it possible to select DTE (distance to empty) in place of either outside temperature, instantaneous mpg, or average mpg? Thanks.
Nope, the hardware just isn't there for that feature. The new 2013, however, does have distance to empty.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
I am still getting red for lines K and L when I do the cable check.
I am using Windows XP mode on Windows 7 64-bit.
I assuming the issue is not Windows XP mode since all other lines check fine or am I wrong? Can someone confirm this?

I am using a new file sent by my seller: "Toyota Techstream 7.20.037.exe". BTW, it also contains RAV4 2013 as a vehicle you can choose.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
PC with 32 bit OS only. Unless there is some sort of emulator? The biggest issue is with the adapter driver.
I'm in the same Mac boat. I am hoping to install Techstream on my MacBook Air. I can first install Windows 7 Ultimate in 32 bit mode on my Mac using Boot Camp.Then I hope to install the driver and Techstream. Should work. Anybody try this yet on a Mac?

My goal is to use Techstream on my '13 RAV4.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
My ebay seller is sending me another cable. I am getting red on lines K and L during Cable Check. I have tries several version of techStream. I am assuming the cable is damaged in some way.

I am using Windows XP mode on Windows 7 64-bit.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
A couple of vendors are selling version V8.00.034 now...
I wonder if it can be used with 64-bit. That would be very useful for me as I don't want to use XP mode in Windows 7 64-bit.

I am sure we can find V8 on the web once it becomes common and use with our existing cables.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but will the software give me detailed information when one of the dashboard lights (check engine, etc.) comes on, or do I still have to try to decipher OBDII codes?

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but will the software give me detailed information when one of the dashboard lights (check engine, etc.) comes on, or do I still have to try to decipher OBDII codes?
Yes, it will give you detailed information in plain English. And not just OBDII codes, but ABS/VSC codes, transmission codes, etc.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
Thank you JuneBug.
I still have last question: How do you pay for subscription or do you have to pay again for the software and cable every year?

Thx, Sed.
You don't have to pay for any subscription, the software is stand alone.

161 - 180 of 442 Posts