Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi how does album art works? I resized the art in MP3 to 240x240 and it still does not show ... There has to be some way to make it work.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,089 Posts
I couldn't say which audio system you might have, but in mine the artwork usually doesn't show up till after the USB drive is fully indexed. The size of the embedded artwork doesn't really seem to matter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldn't say which audio system you might have, but in mine the artwork usually doesn't show up till after the USB drive is fully indexed. The size of the embedded artwork doesn't really seem to matter.
what do you mean by FULLY INDEXED ??

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,089 Posts
what do you mean by FULLY INDEXED ??
When you insert a USB drive or make any changes to it, the system has to index all the files before it can do anything with them. If there are thousands of files it can take 10-15 min the first time the system sees the drive. After the initial indexing, it does a quick compare each time the car is turned on - this takes only a few minutes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you insert a USB drive or make any changes to it, the system has to index all the files before it can do anything with them. If there are thousands of files it can take 10-15 min the first time the system sees the drive. After the initial indexing, it does a quick compare each time the car is turned on - this takes only a few minutes.
I do not have the JBL system, but does not matter how long I leave the audio on, it does not show the album art :-/

·
Registered
10 Posts
In my Rav4 hybrid i have the Toyota Touch 2 audio system. The album art never shows. Not if i put 5000 mp3's on a usb stick and not if i put only 5 mp3's on it. I tested the stick in an other car, the Toyota Aygo, and there it does show album art. Also the mirror link worked in that little car, as in the rav i can't even charge my smartphone on the usb port. For the price of my rav4 i could buy 4 aygo's, but the audio system seems to be much better!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my Rav4 hybrid i have the Toyota Touch 2 audio system. The album art never shows. Not if i put 5000 mp3's on a usb stick and not if i put only 5 mp3's on it. I tested the stick in an other car, the Toyota Aygo, and there it does show album art. Also the mirror link worked in that little car, as in the rav i can't even charge my smartphone on the usb port. For the price of my rav4 i could buy 4 aygo's, but the audio system seems to be much better!
I am sure we have the same systems, and the album art is not even supported whatever you do... >:-(

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Toyota Touch systems really suck. Unfortunately it isn't easy to replace it with an other audio system, because of the hybrid part. I have asked Toyota about it, but they don't give me an alternative.
I found some manufacturers in China, that even can put in a 10 inch screen on android, but i think i don't trust that to work properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think you need the JBL, right? I just assumed that the album art was part of "Grace note", regardless of USB or not. However, I don't know if Gracenote shows you actual album art, or just a pic of the artist.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A bit of an old cow by now, but maybe it helps someone yet: the album art needs to be embedded in the MP3 files. You can use e.g. MP#Tag software to do that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts