Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota USA has been providing a wrong information on their website for 2016 & 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE model.

When you check its specs, it says 2016 & 2017 RAV4 Hybrid XLE has the Entune Audio Plus with 6.1" Screen and AM/FM Radio.
Yes, it says there is no CD Player in Base Hybrid XLE model. I can even see the CD Slot on Entune Audio Plus system from the Toyota official interior photos and YouTube video clips.

So, I sent email to Toyota, and they replied "I am sorry. Unfortunately, there is NO CD Player in 2016 RAV4 Hybrid XLE model."

I emailed them again, and they said that they would forward that to their HQ.

Today, Toyota announced 2017 model, well, the official website specs still say AM/FM Radio instead of AM/FM CD Player.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Are you absolutely sure it's an audio CD player?

Could it be just a a DVD data drive used to update the navigational maps, or which contains the navigational maps themselves?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, if you go to their website now, apparently all trims get the Toyota Safety Sense package. I guess I overpaid for my pre-collision system? I could've got an LE for far less! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I believe the standard unit comes with a 6.1 inch screen and a CD player. If you upgrade to the Nav system the screen becomes 7.0 inch and the CD player is gone (That appears to be where the extra screen space comes from). The CD player is shown in the 2017 Nav manual. I also believe that was exactly how the 2016 model was sold.

https://carmanuals2.com/get/toyota-rav4-2017-navigation-manual-97374
In July when I bought my SE AWD with premium JBL Audio w/navi, I saw a RAV4 SE on the showroom floor that had the standard unit with a CD player, so you are absolutely correct. But who wants a CD player these days?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts