Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from Toyota and they want to buy back my 2011 4wd V6 Rav4 due to the high demand they are getting for the V6. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
10,146 Posts
If you check into it you'll likely find they want to steal it back. :shrug: :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
It is not Toyota. It is a Toyota dealer. I got the same pitch. Ignore it. They would not be making the pitch if they couldn't screw you over for the $ you could make selling it yourself.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Invite them over to your place and when they make an "offer" go talk to your manager for 15-20 minutes and then counter-offer for several thousand more. Offer them an extended warranty and tell them since it has paint sealer and nitrogen in the tires there is an extra $1500 in value.

Yeah, they'll buy it back alrighty!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
A couple of years ago my Toyota dealer called saying "they needed to replenish their supply of used cars and what a great deal they could offer me on my RAV4 to 'upgrade' to a 4.4 model."

I roared with laughter right into the phone.

He said, "It's the V6, right?"

I replied, "Oh, yes"

To which he said, "Yeah, I can never get those back."

I then replied something like, "No, you can't. Have a nice day."

Reactions: kylez82

·
Super Moderator
11,110 Posts
Oldest ploy in the used car book. We get those several times per year from various dealers in the area. Apparently it still works.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
It's the usual sales BS from dealers - the actual intent is to get you to buy a new or more expensive vehicle from them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
A couple of years ago my Toyota dealer called saying "they needed to replenish their supply of used cars and what a great deal they could offer me on my RAV4 to 'upgrade' to a 4.4 model."
Lol, I honestly have no idea what Toyota was thinking with the 4.4 model. I guess they were just marketing it towards soccer moms, but dropping the V6 engine in my opinion was a huge mistake! I could have bought a brand new 2016 Rav4, but I didn't want one. I wanted a V6 and I really liked the way the 2010 silver rav4 v6 sport looked especially with the SAP.

"Upgrade" oh please, Toyota. Put a half decent engine in your car, or a manual transmission (even though it wouldn't happen in 10 billion years) and then we'll see about "upgrading".

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
I got the same pitch for my I4. They even promised to keep my monthly payments the same on the new vehicle I would get from them ..... even though my RAV4 is fully paid for :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Trust me, you are not going to get big money for your V6 Rav4. Our 2010 with 64K and in rather good condition might get us 11K...maybe 12K if we really push the dealer. Private sale maybe a bit more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As I understand it, The V6 was eliminated from the RAV lineup due to federal standards for fuel economy among all vehicles sold by a given brand. You want a V6, you have to move up to a bigger vehicle. And the V6 option will begin to disappear from the mid size SUVs soon as well. Notice how many 4 cyl turbos are popping up in the small and mid size SUVs of late? Same forces at work, average fuel economy standards.

S

·
0 Posts
And the Brooklyn Bridge is still for sale . . . . ? If its time for a new car, check it out, BUT DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST !

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love my V6 Rav4 and wouldn't have bought it with just the 4 banger. At least Yota the trend is bigger 4 cylinders with a tad more torque.

Since the mpgs weren't much different, ID guess the profit margin had more to do with the decision.

Reactions: DVS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since January 16, 2016, I have gotten several letters about my 2006 Prius from various Toyota dealers wanting me to sell it to them or trade it in for a newer car. I traded in my Prius for our 2012 RAV4 on January 16th. The dealership was Texas Toyota in Grapevine, TX Last week, I received a letter from Texas Toyota saying that my 2012 RAV4 is high demand and I need to sell it to them or trade it in. Plus itsaid for me to call this number and it was the guy who we purchased the car from. Is this a case where the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Since January 16, 2016, I have gotten several letters about my 2006 Prius from various Toyota dealers wanting me to sell it to them or trade it in for a newer car. I traded in my Prius for our 2012 RAV4 on January 16th. The dealership was Texas Toyota in Grapevine, TX Last week, I received a letter from Texas Toyota saying that my 2012 RAV4 is high demand and I need to sell it to them or trade it in. Plus itsaid for me to call this number and it was the guy who we purchased the car from. Is this a case where the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing?
I'd say not. I'd say it's a case where the right hand wanted to get more money out of the left hand. It's all a sales tactic, nothing more.

In my opinion the only time you should EVER trade in your car is if it's YOUR idea, not theirs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts