Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info about where to now purchase a reasonable-priced Toyota VSC Warranty? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
270 Posts
One of the car purchase brokering companies here will get you any of the Toyota extended warranties at dealer cost, but you have to buy the warranty when you buy the car.

However, even at dealer cost, I'm not really interested.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,712 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Extended warranty means even less for a hybrid. The entire hybrid system is covered for 96mo/100k, the remainder of the power train covered for 60mo/60k.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was reviewing old records on a 2002 Chrysler Town & Country Limited I purchased new 14 years ago (recently replaced by my RAV4 Hybrid Limited) and the 7/70 warranty at that time was $600. I did get my good out of it on AC, power seat, and power door repairs. Toyota dealer wanted $2,200 for the same thing today and I passed. $600 was a no brainer, but $2,200 is worth taking the risk.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments, but no one has offered an answer to my question: where to go for a reasonably-priced warranty. Yes, I did read the "READ THIS FIRST" thread, all 30-some-odd pages of it, which consists almost entirely of the pros (a few) and cons (a lot), but nothing about where to go today (unless I missed it). If I did, please correct me.

And yes, I know of the reliability and coverage of the hybrid system (this is my third), but not of the new and fairly complex "Toyota Safety Sense" system. So I thought a reasonably priced policy might be called for. I assume all those who would suggest otherwise don't have property insurance for their home(s) either, even though the loss of a home is probably less likely than the major repair of a vehicle.

However, as the climate changes, those probabilities may be changing, especially for those in certain regions of our country. I extend my sympathy to the folks in those regions for what they are going through as this is written. But I digress, I did not want this thread to wind up being a reiteration of what is in the "READ THIS FIRST" thread.

So, I will ask again: Does anyone have any info about where one can now purchase a Toyota VSC warranty at a reasonable price? And again, thanks in advance for any answers to my question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts