Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2011 RAV4 4 cyl with 76K miles and in excellent condition except for hail damage so common here in Colorado. Doesn't affect the operation of the vehicle at all, and for my purposes, the car is great. Discovered shortly after buying the car that it has the electro-magnetic coupler issue that plagued 3rd Gen cars. Dealer confirmed the problem, and that my car is eligible for the extended warranty to cover the repair... EXCEPT, Toyota has a "policy" that says any vehicle with a branded title is ineligible for warranty work. Due to the hail damage on my RAV4, it is on a Colorado branded title. So, because I have hail damage that has absolutely nothing to due with a faulty component that Toyota is so aware of the they created an extension of the warranty on the affected cars, Toyota denies any responsibility for its repair. I called Toyota Experience and talked with a Customer Service person who, although acknowledging the lack of logic of the situation, says there's nothing anyone can do... Toyota has a "Policy" and that's the end of it. This is my 8th Toyota, and will likely be my last. Has anyone had any luck working with Toyota to deal with similar issues? THANKS!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently purchased a 2011 RAV4 4 cyl with 76K miles and in excellent condition except for hail damage so common here in Colorado. Doesn't affect the operation of the vehicle at all, and for my purposes, the car is great. Discovered shortly after buying the car that it has the electro-magnetic coupler issue that plagued 3rd Gen cars. Dealer confirmed the problem, and that my car is eligible for the extended warranty to cover the repair... EXCEPT, Toyota has a "policy" that says any vehicle with a branded title is ineligible for warranty work. Due to the hail damage on my RAV4, it is on a Colorado branded title. So, because I have hail damage that has absolutely nothing to due with a faulty component that Toyota is so aware of the they created an extension of the warranty on the affected cars, Toyota denies any responsibility for its repair. I called Toyota Experience and talked with a Customer Service person who, although acknowledging the lack of logic of the situation, says there's nothing anyone can do... Toyota has a "Policy" and that's the end of it. This is my 8th Toyota, and will likely be my last. Has anyone had any luck working with Toyota to deal with similar issues? THANKS!
Hi buddy, do try to contact the higher management team and address the issue.

Regards,
V. Smith

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi buddy, do try to contact the higher management team and address the issue.

Regards,
V. Smith
Thanks... I gotta believe there is someone in the Toyota Hierarchy who can over-ride "policy" when it's very much a make-sense situation. Local dealer has been no help as to how to reach the next level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts