Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does anyone know how I can get a detailed list of parts to carry a full size spare in a 2018 RAV 4 Limited ? ? Been to the dealer three times and they haven't been able to locate a kit to do this. I built my own when I first got the car in January of 2019, but it's a bit too bulky and heavy, so I'd like to get the Toyota kit. My feeling is that they just don't want to sell it to me and are trying to force me into bringing the car in for the service. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,849 Posts
Use the advanced search in the top right menu, IIRC the OEM full size spare tire deck board is only available in some countries, not in North America.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I posted pix of the mod I did to mine. Used 1x4s and plywood. Not particularly bulky. Works well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I posted pix of the mod I did to mine. Used 1x4s and plywood. Not particularly bulky. Works well.
Thanks, much appreciated. I may opt to keep what I made as it works perfectly and even if I were able to get the Toyota kit, it has to be expensive. My guess is that the deck board is only one part of the picture and that there are mounts that are different from the ones that are on the car. Finally, I'd like to see a photo of a car that had the kit installed, the reason being that when the dealer showed me the Toyota deck board for the full size spare, it was not even flat as I recall, which would make carrying stuff difficult. Of course, I may be wrong, which is why I'd like to view a car that had this modification. Stay well, stay safe, and God Bless.

·
Premium Member
7,849 Posts
There's a pic of the UK full size spare deck board in this thread, there are others that can be found using the advanced search, seems to me it's available in OZ as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts