Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2006 RAV4 that I replaced the sensors and tires on back in 2008 and I am now having a problem with my tire sensor. Every day now, the tire light comes on and when I check the back right tire, the pressure is at around 20 psi. All of my other tires are fine. Help!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Sounds like a puncture. Have you "dunk tanked" the tire to locate the leak? Sounds like the TPMS is working as it should.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
I had a problem with one of my Sport rims. The corrosion from road salt caused the seal to not be tight. They had to grind it and remount the tire.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Really? The low tire pressure light comes on every day. You check the pressure and have to add air every day. And you think you have a faulty sensor? The TPMS on your car is functioning exactly as designed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine was showing low air about every two weeks. I was getting ready to replace tires anyway so I didn't get too excited. When I looked at the old ones after the change I found a 2-1/2" nail sticking up into the tire. There was the slow leak. TPMS worked as intended by warning me when it got too low.

·
Super Moderator
11,045 Posts
Is this a joke? :shrug: What TPMS problem? It's telling you that you have a flat tire! Leaky tire is the problem friend not the sensor. Get the tire repaired.

If you run out of gas and the gauge says E do you think the gauge is faulty? It's telling you that you are out of fuel! The TPMS is telling you one tire is out of air or mighty close to it.

Reactions: SoNic67

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same issue. I was told a nail was in the tire kit and wall. Took it to the tire center because tires are under warranty. No leak, no nail. Air is leaking out the stem/tire pressure sensor kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts