Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to beat the subject to death but are the TPMS sensor ID's location wheel specific .i bought another set of aftermarket 18" rims for my 17 RAV4 XLE and also bought another set of stock Toyota OEM sensors and they are mounted on the rims . I didn't have them installed on the RAV yet. I photographed and wrote down the Tpms sensor ID codes .but I did not record which wheel
Has which sensor . I'm
Asking if the ECU recognizes which rim is which sensor when they are entered in the computer . Thsbk you

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
No, the TPMS sensor codes are entered into the ECU, but there's no way for the computer to know which wheel each specific signal is coming from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response and the info . It is much appreciated! When I bring the car in to have it programmed and the ids entered at Toyota would you know if they can provide print out of my other Id codes from the wheels I'm taking off . Not sure if they can scan them . Thanks again

·
Registered
338 Posts
If the Tech Stream is hooked up and live data is selected for the TPMS ECU, the screen will show the ID numbers (code) of the current sensors in the vehicle and the corresponding tire pressure associated with each sensor. By going to each tire, one at a time and lowering or raising the pressure, you can watch the screen and identify the location of the tire pressure you just changed. It could take up to a minute or so for the new pressure to show, but with that method, you can associate a TPMS code with the tires location on the vehicle. I just did this and actually used a permanent marker to write the code number on the inside of each rim. I also put it on paper by location as a backup, but I have to keep track of rotations and update my records each time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for all the info and it is much appreciated!! That's a great idea to write them down behind each rim and a decal or write them down .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts