Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello RAV4'ers,

I'm shopping for new TPMS sensors to use with a second set of winter wheels. Went the past four winters ignoring the flashing light and figure to just get it done with new snow tires so insurance won't have an excuse not to pay for an accident.

Wondering if there is a brand that is recommended or to avoid? I'm finding three offhand:
Dorman; $159 for 5 www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAZ4H9W/
Mobiletron; $119 for 5 www.amazon.com/dp/B01MR6UG2R/
Pacific is OEM... can't find it for a budget price

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hello RAV4'ers,

I'm shopping for new TPMS sensors to use with a second set of winter wheels. Went the past four winters ignoring the flashing light and figure to just get it done with new snow tires so insurance won't have an excuse not to pay for an accident.

Wondering if there is a brand that is recommended or to avoid? I'm finding three offhand:
Dorman; $159 for 5 www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAZ4H9W/
Mobiletron; $119 for 5 www.amazon.com/dp/B01MR6UG2R/
Pacific is OEM... can't find it for a budget price

Thanks.
DENSO 550-0103 is the oem for PACIFIC. it says Pacific pmv-107j on it

Check your model here DENSO Auto Parts

I got mine on ebay . paid 25.00 each

You can also get used ones search pmv-107j on ebay

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I see the new Denso 550-0103 is now $36.50 each on eBay ($183/5) and $35.13 Amazon ($176/5). Wonder if they are worth any more than the Mobiletron ones?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again @2011RAV4

I saw that eBay seller you list has zero feedback. :-( No thanks!

I do have techstream but haven't fired it up in years. I'll just take all the hardware to my locally-owned tire shop and let them have at it.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Thanks again @2011RAV4

I saw that eBay seller you list has zero feedback. :-( No thanks!

I do have techstream but haven't fired it up in years. I'll just take all the hardware to my locally-owned tire shop and let them have at it.

Setting them up with techstream is easy and will save you from paying to having them reprogrammed each time you change wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts