Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a 2007 RAV4 Limited and am getting a TPS light staying on. I hooked up techstream and it showed no communication from TP4. Anyone know how the wheels are numbered? I'm assuming #1 is front driver side, #2 is front passenger, #3 left rear and #4 right rear, #5 spare?? I can't find a legend for them anywhere.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
That, to me, is a truly annoying message. I have no answer but what I did was to fill all five tires to 33 pounds.

·
Super Moderator
11,138 Posts
Not a clue but it seems to be the spare that's low more often than not. For me the four on the ground are at 35 psi and the spare on the rear @ 45psi.

Amazing that GM can tell you which tire is low and the psi in that particular tire but the Toyota system just says"low tire, figure it out".

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
OK, I have a 2007 RAV4 Limited and am getting a TPS light staying on. I hooked up techstream and it showed no communication from TP4. Anyone know how the wheels are numbered? I'm assuming #1 is front driver side, #2 is front passenger, #3 left rear and #4 right rear, #5 spare?? I can't find a legend for them anywhere.
Thanks.
The TPMS system on the RAV4 only knows a tire is low. It doesn't know what position that tire is in. The TPMS receiver picks up a specific signal from each tire, including the spare and each has an individual code, but it doesn't know the location of each one on the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
The TPMS system on the RAV4 only knows a tire is low. It doesn't know what position that tire is in. The TPMS receiver picks up a specific signal from each tire, including the spare and each has an individual code, but it doesn't know the location of each one on the vehicle.
It's like having an itch without knowing where it is coming from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue. Just purchased the vehicle with the TPS light on. I filled all (but the spare) to 35psi and the light is still on. So it could be the spare?

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I have the same issue. Just purchased the vehicle with the TPS light on. I filled all (but the spare) to 35psi and the light is still on. So it could be the spare?
Could it not be the spare?

·
Super Moderator
11,138 Posts
All five are monitored so yes, check the spare.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It did not say tire pressure low. It says "NO COMMUNICATION". That I would suspect means that the TPMS sensor is dead!! The sensors typically have a 10 year max battery life. If one is dead I would suspect that the rest is on their way south. If all the tires are filled to the correct pressure, or slightly more. Then I think you will need the help of a tire shop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly, Mr Pulldown. No communication from #4...I've been through the 5 tire inflation and over-inflation scenarios and that is not the issue. The issue for me is determining the #4 wheel. I guess if one is bad, and since I have about 120k miles on my RAV4, I should probably change all four...much more expensive that way, I was hoping to just replace the broken one. I guess I'll just wait until I need to replace the tires and change out sensors then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts