Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully installed a traction control off switch in a 2nd generation RAV4 with AWD?

Only 2WD 2nd gens had this from the factory, as far as I can tell. But the wiring exists on my 2005 A/T AWD, so I bought the switch and plugged it in. No sign from the IP that it works, however.

The clusters for 2WD and AWD show the same part nos. in online catalogs, so I assume the "TRAC OFF" light exists on my RAV as well.

2WD and AWD ECU's are different, so maybe this is not possible......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting. I didnt know the 2WD had this. Even more interesting is the cabling is there. Some friday night reading to be done!

Can you post up the part number? I feel a trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
84988-42010

Yes, the wiring is there, as it is for the heated seat switches - my car doesn't have heated seats, but the wiring in the IP is there.

Let me know what your "Friday night reading" reveals, if anything! I know for certain the switch illumination works!

·
Registered
4 Posts
sorry for jacking in a such a old thread i have a awd rav4 and i have tried to put the pin 43 to ground but it didn't work you have to put a switch the abs2 fuse under the hood to disable abs vsc all together and when want it back just flip the switch and restart the car...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts